By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Possible reasons given:
- 8-core CPU clocked at 1.6 GHz each in comparison to WiiU with (allegedly) only 3-cores at 1.24 GHz
- Then you have about 1.8 TFLOPs at the PS4's GPGPU against (also allegedly) only 352 GFLOPs at the WiiU's GPGPU
- Also, the RAM: 8 GB GDDR5 versus 2 GB (+32 MB admittedly fast eDRAM)  GDDR3 with an (allegedly...) rather low bandwith at only 12.8 GBit/s...

So far, I think this is the most common hardware data about the WiiU ... I read this numbers often enough on different sites and forums, even at wikipedia....but is this really the truth? Enlighten us, nin10do =)

You see, with only looking at this numbers the average-gamer/reader whatever would assume PS4 outpowers WiiU by a far amount.

So, what have you to say about this, nin10do?
Convince us and every skeptical person here!

Around the Network

Effectively he is going to tell you that the WiiU is a BMW while every other next gen system is a souped up Dodge Ram

nin10do said:

So guys, before I finish the prep work, why don't you tell me why the PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U? Nobody has even made a case for that yet. So go ahead, explain to me your reasoning. Each generation is a fresh slate, are you just making assumptions because Sony had the most powerful system on the market last generation? If you mention the original Wii your credibility is lost.

So go ahead, make your case for the PS4, why is it more powerful?

I dont know. One thing is for sure. If you bring compelling evidence WiiU is more powerful, it should be on every gaming site, every youtuber into gaming will want to jump on it. More than anything else, if its believable evidence suggesting WiiU is more powerful, your thread should also be posted on NeoGaf once its prepared. There the entire core demographic will be exposed to it, and this is also where gaming sites find their newspieces. 

Right now it would be easy for a Sony fanboy to point to Killzone Shadowfall as compelling evidence that WiiU is nowhere near as powerful as PS4. Especially since, so far, no game in that genre on WiiU comes close in visual fidelity. 

Killzone shadowfall has terrible presentation imo, everything looks like plastic.

And here's something interesting about WiiU's sales:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168997

I quote:
"WiiU hardware sales seem to have gotten a pretty good boost with the price cut + WW HD bundle."

"I was looking at the WW HD community this morning, and it is getting around 4posts per minute which is huge. I then checked the profile of the first 25 posts and most of them were brand new profiles who had just gotten their wiiU. I also checked the Nintendoland community and I was seeing a lot of brand new profiles posting on there too. Either way, we know windwaker HD sold tremendously on the eshop seeing at it is getting tons of player posts every minute and it has been only released on the eshop so far.
How much do you think the wiiU will sell on it's price cut week and release of WW HD.
Also, how much do you think WW HD has sold on the eshop so far?
My prediction is that the wiiU will sell 70k in America on it's price cut week and WW HD will have sold around 50-60k on the eshop."

And another interesting quote from a poster named "Gamegears".

"Actually Zelda did some of that itself.. I posted elsewhere.. that Amazon sales on The Wii U and all bundles rose by hundreds and thousands (In some cases ) and this is not only good for Nintendo.. sales on third party games.. have literally jumped up thousands of places... so yeah..you should start seeing a lot of new profiles all over the place.. Zelda, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros/Luigi Bros. U and Pikmen 3 along with Wonderful 101 being the primary culprits going by Amazons top 100... the price cut will help it as well.. "

It begins... 

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Killzone shadowfall has terrible presentation imo, everything looks like plastic.

Personally, I couldn't care less about that game, but that is what the Sony fans will bring up to "prove" PS4 is a powerhouseXD

nin10do said:

So guys, before I finish the prep work, why don't you tell me why the PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U? Nobody has even made a case for that yet. So go ahead, explain to me your reasoning. Each generation is a fresh slate, are you just making assumptions because Sony had the most powerful system on the market last generation? If you mention the original Wii your credibility is lost.

Yes the Wii U is a lot stronger than most people believe, but it would be news to me if it was stronger than the other next gen consoles. I just jumped in this thread randomly and noticed it was about specs so have you given any reason why you believe it is stronger?

JoeTheBro said:
nin10do said:

Yes the Wii U is a lot stronger than most people believe, but it would be news to me if it was stronger than the other next gen consoles. I just jumped in this thread randomly and noticed it was about specs so have you given any reason why you believe it is stronger?

Apperantly he has been working on a thread for days now preparing evidence to support his claims. We'll just have to wait for him to present it.

JoeTheBro said:
nin10do said:

We're waiting, we're waiting.. =)

And I'm excited about it .... to see the (hopefully) truth

The same thing we're doing for the WiiU Sales Boost johnlucas predicted....we're waiting. =)

It's all about waiting here...man, so this TV spot slogan of Sony's PS3 "This is waiting" is just getting a completely different meaning right now :)

Incubi said:
JoeTheBro said:

Apperantly he has been working on a thread for days now preparing evidence to support his claims. We'll just have to wait for him to present it.

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully he uses the correct figures for the system specs.