By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Last Wednesday the shares of Nintendo went up almost 11%. The analysts say it's because China released the ban for selling foreign videogame consoles temporarily. Tough, I thought China released the ban definitely some time ago but however.

Around the Network
Seece said:
I j ust expect MS to cut to $399 with kinect and take a loss, I read somewhere MS will be able to get costs down on the One quicker than they expected? That and they're making a profit on it, however small. Even if they lose $50 a machine, 10m x $50 = $500m, that's nothing 360 and software can't make up. Either way doesn't look like we're gonna see billions in the red like we did with Xbox and early 360 years.

Same here $399 with Kinect. That will help make it seem like more value Xbox+Kinect for the same price as PS4 with no extras.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/09/miyamoto-announces-that-nintendo-will-sponsor-this-years-nico-nico-chokaigi-sony-will-also-attend/

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Fusioncode said:
And no PS4s in sight. I'm expecting Microsoft to announce a Kinect-less SKU at E3 because they can't risk losing the US to Sony. As long as the PS4 has the $100 price advantage, it's going to stay ahead of the XBO.

But of course they're both screwed in the long run. As soon as this revolution kicks in the WiiU will start selling 3m consoles a week! By year's end everybody in the world will own a piece of that Nintendo pie. 3rd parties shall bend over backwards to serve Nintendo. Even starving children in Africa will be playing cooking games on their brand new WiiUs.

John Lucas shall be hailed for his incredible prediction and be announced as the next president of the United States. Zero will be made the secretary of defense. All Sony and Microsoft fans will be burned at the stake. The world will enter a new age of enlightenment, a period of UNITY.

underrated post

I have a even bolder prediction than even John Lucus.

Mods please permaban me if this prediction doesn't happen. I take my predictions seriously and am putting everything on the line. I'm not joking.

Please permaban me if I'm wrong. I have a static ip so ban all the alts I'd potentially make too.

Alright, here's my prediction.

In an alternate universe, the revolution is starting. Slow and steady the Wii U builds momentum. At the end of its first six months it has sold 1 million units. It's building up momentum though. At the end of the next 3 months it's sold another 2 million units. At the end of the next one and a half months its sold another 3 million units. At the end of the next three fourths months its sold another 4 million. This trend perfectly continues until the end of the year. Man I bet you can't even imagine how many millions of units that would be.

Well we don't live in that alternate universe. Luckily for Nintendo my prediction is that in 2014 the Wii U will sell EVEN MORE than in the situation I described above. Maybe I'm crazy or maybe I'm just enlightened. Fully serious here though. Mods please permaban me if my prediction ends up being wrong. Once you guys embrace Nintendo you'll understand. I'd be shocked beyond belief if Nintendo sold less Wii Us than that.

#Unity

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

my prediction is that in 2014 the Wii U will sell EVEN MORE than [...]

I am going to be posting a lot more in this thread the next days. I can make my post count go up and up without actually talking about anything!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

my prediction is that in 2014 the Wii U will sell EVEN MORE than [...]

Yes. Do you not agree?

JoeTheBro said:

Mods please permaban me if this prediction doesn't happen. I take my predictions seriously and am putting everything on the line. I'm not joking.

Please permaban me if I'm wrong. I have a static ip so ban all the alts I'd potentially make too.

In an alternate universe, the revolution is starting. Slow and steady the Wii U builds momentum. At the end of its first six months it has sold 1 million units. It's building up momentum though. At the end of the next 3 months it's sold another 2 million units. At the end of the next one and a half months its sold another 3 million units. At the end of the next three fourths months its sold another 4 million. This trend perfectly continues until the end of the year. Man I bet you can't even imagine how many millions of units that would be.

Well we don't live in that alternate universe. Luckily for Nintendo my prediction is that in 2014 the Wii U will sell EVEN MORE than in the situation I described above. Maybe I'm crazy or maybe I'm just enlightened. Fully serious here though. Mods please permaban me if my prediction ends up being wrong. Once you guys embrace Nintendo you'll understand. I'd be shocked beyond belief if Nintendo sold less Wii Us than that.

#Unity

So Wii U to sell infinity units in 2014? In that case, John Lucas' prediction is off by infinity.

impertinence said:
JoeTheBro said:

#Unity

So Wii U to sell infinity units in 2014? In that case, John Lucas' prediction is off by infinity.

Woah no I'm not crazy! When did I say infinity? ;)