By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

mysteryman said:
EdHieron said:
Mario lost to Knack in the UK and didn't fare much better in Japan. The 8th Gen belongs to Sony.

Do you honestly beleive Knack will hold that lead in the long run in the UK, let alone worldwide?

Probably not.  But I don't really have any reason to believe that 3D Worlds will match the sales of Mario Sunshine either.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
mysteryman said:
EdHieron said:
Mario lost to Knack in the UK and didn't fare much better in Japan. The 8th Gen belongs to Sony.

Do you honestly beleive Knack will hold that lead in the long run in the UK, let alone worldwide?

Probably not.  But I don't really have any reason to believe that 3D Worlds will match the sales of Mario Sunshine either.

So then Knack will do worse than that regardless?

Hardly a solid conclusion then.

EdHieron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
EdHieron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
EdHieron said:

*cough* 3DS *cough*

The difference between 3DS and Wii U is that 3DS gets decent third party support.  Wii U isn't going to.

And that has what to do with anything lol?

It has to do with the fact that Wii U isn't going to take off and pull a Nintendo handheld manuever on the 8th Gen consoles as you inferred in your first post where you said *cough* 3DS *cough*  ( unless it gets a dramatic price cut ) because it's not going to get the games that would allow it to do so).  And Nintendo's first party "franchises" are played out like they were in the Gamecube era.

Too bad that's not what I inferred. I was simply reminding you that the 3DS exist, meaning the 8th generation does not belong Sony. Infact, thanks to the aforementioned system, Roughly 70% of the 8th gen's marketshare is currently owned by Nintendo, so if anything, the gen belongs to Nintendo, atleast for now.

Zod95 said:

Final-Fan said:

But I believe those would be exceptions, not common.

You believe...I'm sure about numbers and facts, you believe in theories. I think that's the big difference between us in regards to all this matter of assessing devs.

Final-Fan said:

You can't see your own bias. Your investment numbers are bullshit, your targeted audiences are made up (kindergarten), and your man-hours worked evidence is nonexistent. Your "objective criteria about intellectual achievements" are worthless. For your oil well analogy, I'm saying Nintendo HAS FOUND THEM IN THE PAST (as in all the way up to current day).

Tell me which investment number is biased? Racing simulators or MMO are faked audiences? I don't have man-hours work numbers but at least I showed openness to see them and discuss them (unlike you that are probably afraid of dicovering the truth). And by intellectual achievements we see at least who is digging deeper, but I guess that's not of your interest too since it doesn't favor Nintendo. The fact is, no matter the criteria we take, if it's related to the developer's commitement, Nintendo fails miserably. And please tell me how can you know that they found "oil wells" in the past? And even if they did, how can you they are still finding them nowadays? Is it again about your faith in theories?

I think these are the main 2 points of your post, since the rest falls into the same faith in theories and misjudgment of my arguments and facts. And assuming the age of a company tells about its commitment to the gamer is also very wise. You just want to believe Nintendo is the best. Actually, I didn't expect you to admit anything other than that. It would be probably an insult for you to accept that Nintendo, the game developer you love so much and that you put your money in, is so poorly commited to the gamer.

I think we're done here. Keep believing in Nintendo and putting faith in that kind of religion. As for me, I will continue to be focus on my tastes as a gamer and on numbers and facts as a forum poster (and avoiding mixing those two).

You "believe" in your "theory" that you can tell how much developers care about their games by how many real-life faces and buildings they stick into them. 

The investment numbers were already exposed as laughably incomplete by myself and exposed as worthless (mixing marketing and actual development cost) by another poster. 

And your selective memory is showing:  I've never been anything but supportive of the idea of bringing man-hours into the discussion. 

I could go on but now that you are abandoning even the pretense of keeping up even this limited version of the debate I'll let you walk away thinking you've won. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

People don't honestly believe that Knack outselling SM3DW in the UK was based on merit? It's clear that it was out of desperation.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

No Nintendo Black Friday figures :( wonder if they were bad (same for MS, they're being tightlipped)

NPD will be exciting at least!!!

Seece said:
No Nintendo Black Friday figures :( wonder if they were bad (same for MS, they're being tightlipped)

Thats how marketing works. If Sony comes out with a press release and say: Heyho! We sold 2,1 million PS4's as of dec 1, Microsoft certainly most likely will not come out with a press release stating they sold, say, 1,8 million as of dec 1. They'll just say nothing. This means we prolly will have no choice but to wait for NPD:(

Incubi said:
Seece said:

Thats how marketing works. If Sony comes out with a press release and say: Heyho! We sold 2,1 million PS4's as of dec 1, Microsoft certainly most likely will not come out with a press release stating they sold, say, 1,8 million as of dec 1. They'll just say nothing. This means we prolly will have no choice but to wait for NPD:(

They don't need too, black friday press releases are for ... black friday, in the US, where most certainly Xbox 360 sold the most.

Seece said:
Incubi said:
Seece said:

They don't need too, black friday press releases are for ... black friday, in the US, where most certainly Xbox 360 sold the most.

I'm talking Xbox One. If PS4 outsold Xbox One as of dec 1, Microsoft might issue a press release just combining X360 and XO sales and say they sold millions and millions of hardware units. If WiiU did horrible, Nintendo will just issue a press release combining all their sales from all their platfoms (Wii,WiiU,3DS,2DS) and claim victory. Thats how it could be if they all issued press releases like they usually do.

Seece said:

Should they have been released by now?

If we don´t hear anything, we know things weren´t good.