By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I really could care less about music games, but this new one sounds bad ass

I don't think this will do well. Why would i want to wave my Wii remote in the air if i could actually PLAY an instrument? (as in GH3 or Rock Band)

IMO, Guitar Hero 3 or Rock Band is much more fun.
This game only has you waving the remote. That doesn't sound fun to me.

Around the Network
arsenalrc15 said:
I don't think this will do well. Why would i want to wave my Wii remote in the air if i could actually PLAY an instrument? (as in GH3 or Rock Band)

Erm, because those aren't instruments either, just custom controllers.

Personally, a rhythm game that doesn't require me to pay a premium for an extra lump of plastic to clutter up the house is a bonus for me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

arsenalrc15, with that line of thought, why play Rockband and GH3 instead of learning a REAL instrument? Le sighe...

famousringo said:
arsenalrc15 said:

Erm, because those aren't instruments either, just custom controllers.

Personally, a rhythm game that doesn't require me to pay a premium for an extra lump of plastic to clutter up the house is a bonus for me.

okay but without the "plastic material" all you really have is a Wii remote
which means:
1. your imitating a Maraca using just the Wii remote
2. custom controllers ENHANCE the game experience
3. guitar hero and rock band are popular because of their "extra lumps of plastic"
4. Would you play GH3 or Rock Band with just the Wii Remote (dosn't sound like fun to me)

Looks quite cool, from what the videos show... Interesting... Might buy...

Around the Network
arsenalrc15 said:

GH only has you pressing buttons and flicking a switch. Doesnt sound like fun to me.

See what I did thar? 

That's because you CAN'T arsenalrc15, it was made for those controllers. This game is made for the wiimote.

Game is intriguing.

Yah, seriousWB kinda nailed it. If you're wanting to play an instrument, why not you know...play an instrument. It's like how when I really want to dance, I go play dance dance revolution...wait....oh thats right....that's not dancing.

I'm fine with using the wiimote, and I love frets on fire (which is played using a keyboard instead of a guitar) and flash flash revolution (same deal). The only thing that has stopped me from buying Guitar Hero 3, is that I don't want to spend 70 dollars for it. If this is 40-50 dollars, I'm down.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

yeah does look good fun - is it just me or does the quality level seem to have been seriously revamped with these little third party snppets thats been getting released recently?

08 is gonna be one helluva year for Wii games.