By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anybody want to discuss MSFT's involvement with the NSA?

Anybody?

Around the Network

They've been involved since the first xbox.

Alright, and how do you feel about that? Do you not care so much or does the whole thing kinda sour the X-box brand with you, Wright?

dallas said:
Alright, and how do you feel about that? Do you not care so much or does the whole thing kinda sour the X-box brand with you, Wright?

I was being sarcastic D: I don't know how much involvement with the NSA has Microsoft. I haven't look into the matter too much. Wasn't there another company that recopilated tons of data, on which Microsoft used to work a lot with?

If you live in a developed nation then your personal information is always being collected...microsoft just helps...so does every other large corporation

Around the Network

I already locked this because we've already had this topic. I feel that your motives here are less than positive. I am locking this thread. Do not post this topic again unless we have some new revelation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Every company in the US that has some sort of communications operating system, application, or device is involved with the NSA.

I worked for an ISP and long before 9/11, years before, we were providing data to the authorities.

In general, they're not interested in 99% of the communication that takes place. It's that 1% that calls or contacts someone they're interested in that puts you in the spotlight. That being said, I don't agree with the door that got opened with the US PATRIOT Act. I've been warning against it since before it was passed. However, if you're not a target than it isn't going to impact you in any serious way. Sure, the phone number you called may be checked, but unless it's a phone number they're interested in, they're not going to care that you called it or track your call.

The amount of data storage required for the amount of data everyone thinks they are would cost a huge amount of money and require a vast facility to store it all in.

MS had the bad luck that it leaked out how the NSA is collecting data from them.. Google/Facebook/Apple/Dropbox also worked on the program but there is no info on the data collecting with those companies.. Lucky for them.. Bad for the US people.. Don't think the anger/fear should be aimed at any of the companies but more to your own goverment.. You actually have a choice not to use any of the services those companies provide..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)