By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X+Y Scoop of the Century! MegaEvolution's and More! My prediction became true :-)

Einsam_Delphin said:

I can't skip a Gen that doesn't exist yet! Black/White was Gen5, and Team Plasma plays the same role X Team always does. Same basic storyline, just a different skin over it each game. Granted the skin over B/W was a lot better than previous versions. Unfortunately, it seems the team in X/Y has gone back to being generic crooks again.

Yeah as you know i didnt keep up with the series so i mess up the gens. The point still holds though. The randomly dressed NPC's of the team are only fodder for you to fight. The real villains are the ones behind the organisation. On black 2 you had a guy working for team plasma that was just interested in testing wich method is more effective for pokemon training.

Theres also a big cinematic showdown with one of the towns beeing attacked/almost destroyed. Believe me, this is nothing like the classic story. The journey is just the backdrop for the events you find in the world.

Given they have a record number of 3 friends, i believe there will be a strong story this time around aswell (plus the theme with genetics and the creation/destruction pokemon).

Around the Network
Nem said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I can't skip a Gen that doesn't exist yet! Black/White was Gen5, and Team Plasma plays the same role X Team always does. Same basic storyline, just a different skin over it each game. Granted the skin over B/W was a lot better than previous versions. Unfortunately, it seems the team in X/Y has gone back to being generic crooks again.

Yeah as you know i didnt keep up with the series so i mess up the gens. The point still holds though. The randomly dressed NPC's of the team are only fodder for you to fight. The real villains are the ones behind the organisation. On black 2 you had a guy working for team plasma that was just interested in testing wich method is more effective for pokemon training.

Theres also a big cinematic showdown with one of the towns beeing attacked/almost destroyed. Believe me, this is nothing like the classic story. The journey is just the backdrop for the events you find in the world.

Given they have a record number of 3 friends, i believe there will be a strong story this time around aswell (plus the theme with genetics and the creation/destruction pokemon).

I didn't play Black 2/White 2 so I guess I can't say anything there and will have to take your word for it. I hope you're right about X/Y that the story will be uber interesting!

Woahhhhhhh! I was freaking right!