By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Witness coming to the Xbox One

Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

If you want TitanFall so bad why don't you just order an X1 instead of a PS4?

If you wanted the console that was going to give you nearly all of the games you wanted and the competition only had a single game that you would want, would you drop hundreds of dollars just for that one game? What happens if it does go to the console you originally wanted? This is the way many people look at it. I know some people who are buying an Xbox One but would kill to have Infamous: Second Son or Killzone: Shadow Fall on it but they're not going to change their minds just because of one game.

Most reasonable people come to find many more games that they enjoy than that one game.  It sometimes takes one game to force the purchase though.  That was the case with me and the GC, as I wanted to play Mario really, really bad.  That lead to WW, MP, RE4 and others.  If someone is forced to buy an X1 for Titanfall, I guarantee you that there will be other exclusives that they discover too.  It's the appeal of exclusive games.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

If you wanted the console that was going to give you nearly all of the games you wanted and the competition only had a single game that you would want, would you drop hundreds of dollars just for that one game? What happens if it does go to the console you originally wanted? This is the way many people look at it. I know some people who are buying an Xbox One but would kill to have Infamous: Second Son or Killzone: Shadow Fall on it but they're not going to change their minds just because of one game.

Most reasonable people come to find many more games that they enjoy than that one game.  It sometimes takes one game to force the purchase though.  That was the case with me and the GC, as I wanted to play Mario really, really bad.  That lead to WW, MP, RE4 and others.  If someone is forced to buy an X1 for Titanfall, I guarantee you that there will be other exclusives that they discover too.  It's the appeal of exclusive games.

Like I said, they want the exclusives that Sony brings but they think Titanfall looks great. Unless Titanfall is a game they just can't stand not having and must play it as soon as possible then there would be little reason for them to buy an Xbox One instead of a PlayStation 4. Most future PlayStation 4 owners are simply hoping that in addition to the games they'll be getting on their preferred console that Titanfall will also come out for it as some indications have suggested. For most, that's good enough for them to not bother even debating it.

Sounds like sarcasm to me.

It's a PS4 timed-exclusive btw.

Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

That sounds dubious....an Xbox gamer would pick Halo over Killzone anyday :p

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

That sounds dubious....an Xbox gamer would pick Halo over Killzone anyday :p

You shut your dirty mouth! :P

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

Like I said, they want the exclusives that Sony brings but they think Titanfall looks great. Unless Titanfall is a game they just can't stand not having and must play it as soon as possible then there would be little reason for them to buy an Xbox One instead of a PlayStation 4. Most future PlayStation 4 owners are simply hoping that in addition to the games they'll be getting on their preferred console that Titanfall will also come out for it as some indications have suggested. For most, that's good enough for them to not bother even debating it.

If you're looking only at an either/or situation, then yeah.  But I was trying to be less ... divisive.  Both consoles will likely have enough awesome games to justify purchasing both of them, eventually.  

This game could be amazing or it could be crap, Ill be interested to see how it turns out,.

So, Blow is still making people angry D:

Look at him, wouldn't you hug him?!

Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Raven722 said:
oni-link said:
@CGI

If you're looking only at an either/or situation, then yeah.  But I was trying to be less ... divisive.  Both consoles will likely have enough awesome games to justify purchasing both of them, eventually.  

Without a doubt in my mind. I was more or less responding to the poster who made it sound like someone should just purchase an Xbox One now since they seem to want Titanfall on the PlayStation 4 so bad. I was pointing out why someone would not want to necessarily do that.

can not wait