By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've decided NOT to buy super smash brothers brawl

Yeah, I have decided that I will not buy the game, I think it will effect my results at university, I really need to concentrate, I have a lot of work coming up, I have a very busy period of coursework towards the end of the year and then I have to start my dissertation and work to earn some money so I don't have to work through my third year.

So I am planning to postpone buying this game until next christmas, I know it sounds a little extreme but I think it is the best choice for me. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?

Around the Network

Awww... now the game will only sell 9,999,999 units now.

and I was looking forward to kicking your ass online

Do you have so little self control that a video game can make you not focusing enough on studies?

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I really think you reasons are good enough, i'm going doing my final thesis at university and having the temptation of playing brawl every second would screw my work :P.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network

^ I can get distracted by things like everyone else

your from the u.k so wont get it till xmas anyway !! unless you was planning to import ?

highwaystar101 said:
^ I can get distracted by things like everyone else

Yeah, but to a certain extent. I had been wainting for the Wii for about 1,5 year and I got it dec 8th, 2 weeks before my finale exams in physics, chemistry and math. But if you know it is really important you get it done anyway. 

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Riiiight. You won't be able to resist.

umm, I can see not buying the game 1-2 weeks before finals or big due dates. If your going to wait till Christmas, you better not buy any games whatsoever, as they'll distract you too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)