By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom games sales, forecast and performance

I want to see a sequel to Viewtiful Joe on the wii. One of the best games on the GC.

Around the Network

Great to see ZW selling well. However that does not mean that trolls will stop using it as an example that 3rd party games do not sell on Wii. 300 k for such a niche, low budget, kid friendly, limited appeal game is impressive (I love the game by the way). It will pass Okami sales soon. And for the sake of some sony fanboys, let`s not even compare attach ratios on these 2 titles.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

darconi said:
Wow, Zack&Wiki definitely did better than everyone thought it would initially. And that's without the European numbers. This can actually make 500k WW...which is awesome for such a niche new IP game.

To put it into perspective, according to this site: Lair is at 290k WW, and Heavenly Sword is at 780k WW. And the budget for Z&W must've been peanuts in comparison.

Keep in mind that our numbers are from retail to the custumor. These numbers Capcom have are shipped numbers. Heavenly Sword is probably a millong seller. Team Ninja has sold 800K copies os Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and we only have it at 300k. Both parties are tracking a whole different thing.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

yea but for capcom 300k sold to retailers is 300k sold. Capcom doesn't make money by selling to consumers, but by selling to retailers. From a financial standpoint the 300k is very meaningful, and seeing as these numbers don't include Europe i think these are extremly positive.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Capcom is one of the few third parties to put an effort into their Wii games, and this shows they have been rewarded.
@darconi
I agree. I want Viewtiful Joe 3 for Wii!

Around the Network

so that means including RE4 - Capcom have roughly shipped around 3M units of software in their first year out of 3 Wii titles which include a brand new IP, a port and an on rails shooter.

Third parties are seeing as acheiving if they hit 1M on one title alone so early into the Wii's life but to carrry roughly a 1M average per title over 3 titles is great.

Guess we can see a lot more Wii support from Capcom over the Wii's lifetime.