By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Cop Fired for Speaking Out Against Ticket and Arrest Quotas

theprof00 said:
Federal law says quotas are illegal. State law might have discrepancies on how they enable a quota by calling it different things. Conservatively speaking, it is the state's right to make the call, n'est pas?

Depends how you define "Conservative".

I'm not a believer of "state's rights", anywho. And, even if I was, that doesn't mean that I'd support everything that every state does, just because it's a state doing it.... that would be completely bizarre.

Around the Network

KK.
Also, just fyi, there is no law saying you have to pay taxes.

theprof00 said:
KK.

KK.

theprof00 said:
KK.

tell that to HDT...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

SamuelRSmith said:
papamudd said:

now don't go putting words in my mouth. You know what happens when you assume things right?

What was the point of your post, then?

i thought it was pretty clear.. quotas aren't new in pd's and have been going on for a while...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
theprof00 said:
KK.

tell that to HDT...

I'm not sure what hdt is (henry david thoreau...but as of like 5 years ago there still wasn't a law that said you were required to.

sales2099 said:
Tickets essentially help fund the municipal governments they are paid in. And lets be honest, there are more then enough rule breakers out there to fill your quota.

The trick is NOT picking on innocent people to fill said quota.

Here in Las Vegas they basically stop anybody that doesn't look clean cut just to run them for warrants.

theprof00 said:
papamudd said:
theprof00 said:
KK.

tell that to HDT...

I'm not sure what hdt is (henry david thoreau...but as of like 5 years ago there still wasn't a law that said you were required to.

16th Ammendment.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

SamuelRSmith said:
papamudd said:
police quotas have been around for a long time...

Ah, that's fine then. Perfectly justified, they've been around for a long time.

"Question everything.... except the stuff that's been around for a long time"

He didn't say anything about it being perfectly justified. He just said it's been around so it's not really big news.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:
papamudd said:
theprof00 said:
KK.

tell that to HDT...

16th Ammendment.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

you so smart kasz!