By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So Mario Kart Wii is now not only a must buy for me, instead it is a ... well .... mega must buy :)

Around the Network

It's the mustest buy there ever was.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

I was thinking, "Decapitating each others's Mii's in Mortal Kombat?..AWESOME"

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I hate Nintendo. They are making me spending money!

Ummm... Am I the only one disappointed in this? Mii's look ugly... VERY ugly. I'm going to hate racing them online. They just stand out way too much for my liking (Mario, Peach, Mii face!?).

I guess it's not all bad. I can't wait until the first time I see Hitler racing down the track whipping shells at me! Knowing the internet, that might be within the first couple of races XD

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

nice addition to the game

The Wii installment of the cart racer that started it all looks like it's going to have lots of variety. Famitsu reveals a total of 32 courses, with 16 remakes of old courses, and 16 completely new courses. New courses include Mario Circuit, Momo Country, Kinopio Factory, DK Snowboard Cross, Coconuts Mall, Kinoko Canyon, and Luigi Circuit.

Some of these courses will put a new feature of the karts to use: mid-air tricks! Karts and bikes are both capable of performing actions and tricks in the air. Get a trick just right, and your cart will perform a dash upon landing.

In addition to a ton of content, Mario Kart Wii will have some serious multiplayer options. The game will include Wi-Fi based play for up to 12 players. You'll be able to select to play against players from throughout the world, players in your country, and players on your friend list.

As part of the new network mode, Nintendo will be making use of the Wii's Channel interface in yet another unique way. We're not sure of the specifics, but it seems that you'll be able to install a Mario Kart Channel to your Wii hub to view world rankings as well as your own records.

Going along with the Wi-Fi multiplayer play, Nintendo will be giving players a means of customizing the game. You'll be able to make your very own Mii ride a bike or kart, adding that bit of you to online races.

The online mode will also expand the single player fun. The game will offer downloadable ghost data, so you can play against some of the best players.

Not big on the whole internet thing? In addition to the Wi-Fi play, the game will also let players play together the old fashioned way: through split screen for up to four.

SOURCE: http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849925p1.html

Can't wait to race my Mii!!! 

solracbrit said:
April 10 release date (JAPAN)
I hate those people, they have everything!!!

WHAT?! It suppose to release "worldwide"at the same time

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

DARN! This means I'm getting SSBB and MKWII in Europe at the same time :( Why couldn't they let Europe be the beta place for once? :(

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

wow, i'm the 1000th person to make a comment about performing a fatality on a Mii. Just think about ripping Kenny's head straight off

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)