By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Owner Poll - What's the most important for you to buy a game?

definately C.

I'd play a 2d sprite animated game, with broken gameplay if the story is good enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
definately C.

I'd play a 2d sprite animated game, with broken gameplay if the story is good enough.

So you like FFVI then?  (and I can say that because it's by far my favorite game even though the gameplay is bad)

weezy said:
SSJ12, your cheating. You gotta put gameplay or graphics.

this seems really random..
how can someone cheat in a poll?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

twesterm said:
iclim4 said:
definately C.

So you like FFVI then?  (and I can say that because it's by far my favorite game even though the gameplay is bad)

Unfotunately I havent played it yet, I did plan on picking up the GB version for my DS.
which one would you recommend the ps1 version or the GB version?

right now im hooked on Phoenix Wright games...
thats how important the story in a game is to me 

Order: C,A,B

Replay value is not a factor for me

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
It depends on the game, but in general B.

Sadly, this isn't that great of a poll since you're not really getting a true random sample of all PS3 owners.

If you could somehow do a random sample of what's important about their PS3, I guarantee you the vast majority of the answers would be Games? it's an awesome DVD/BluRay player (which it is) or because of the tight 1080p HD graphics or something hip like that.

I disagree with you. Note: Right now the PS3 has a userbase simualar to what Nintendo has with their consoles.

If you were to ask people why they they like the PS3, I bet this would be their exact answer would be: "I have always been a Final Fantasy fan ever since FF7, so I had to get the PS3." I grew up with playstation, and I like GTA." "Metal Gear SOlid is going to rock!"

You have to remember that there are people who started gaming with playstation. Just take a look at Europe. Playstation is in a class with Nintendo.  

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

ssj12 said:

What's the most important for you to buy a game?

A. Graphics

B. Gameplay

C. Story

D. Replay Value

E. All of the Above

D, because that also implies B.

Riot Of The Blood said:
twesterm said:
It depends on the game, but in general B.

Sadly, this isn't that great of a poll since you're not really getting a true random sample of all PS3 owners.

If you could somehow do a random sample of what's important about their PS3, I guarantee you the vast majority of the answers would be Games? it's an awesome DVD/BluRay player (which it is) or because of the tight 1080p HD graphics or something hip like that.

I disagree with you. Note: Right now the PS3 has a userbase simualar to what Nintendo has with their consoles.

If you were to ask people why they they like the PS3, I bet this would be their exact answer would be: "I have always been a Final Fantasy fan ever since FF7, so I had to get the PS3." I grew up with playstation, and I like GTA." "Metal Gear SOlid is going to rock!"

You have to remember that there are people who started gaming with playstation. Just take a look at Europe. Playstation is in a class with Nintendo.  

its also a matter of what you ask. If you ask What reasons do you choose to by the games you do you could very well get everything listed in this poll as well as brand name and hype.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I would say E. and throw in "is there a demo?" option. Mainly because if there was no demo for The Club, I wouldn't even have considered renting the game. After playing the demo, it's a must buy for me.

Definitely B with a good balance of the rest.