By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Faction III announced (360/PS3/PC)

>the PC version will be a great game, the console versions will get around 70 for the reviews.

I know it's silly to judge a game base on screenshots. but judging a game after an announcement?

What's next, judge an game by its name?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I'm not sure it will be AAA, but of course I haven't seen anything yet so I shouldn't really judge. But it will probably have pretty stiff competition when it comes out.

ssj12 said:
the PC version will be a great game, the console versions will get around 70 for the reviews.

Sorry Naz for this comment: Another AAA PC title. w00t!

*rolls eyes*

Anyway, I haven't played the first two, but they did pioneer the whole "destructible environments" thing. What I'd really like to see from a next-gen Red Faction is the ability to destroy anything - even to the point where you can "dig" your way through the level. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

kingofwale said:
What's next, judge an game by its name?

Sony's Afrika will be the best game ever! It totally has a 'k' instead of a 'c'!

...Believe it!

------

Anyway, about Red Faction II

The Geomod was probably one of the only things I enjoyed about the game. The voice acting from the soldiers didn't help matters any which is weird because of the decent voice acting of the main characters.

I wish I could speak for the original Red Faction, but I used to play all my games in my room (at that time) where there was a HUGE glare on the TV that made it impossible to see anything. Thus, my time with the first Red Faction was limited apart from it's multi-player with a friend (and bots) a couple of times.

Speaking of Red Faction, I believe that Volition is working on this one too. Anybody else think it would be awesome if the people of Volition got together and worked on another Freespace game? I've totally nabbed the Freespace Source Code Project and I've been enjoying Freespace 1 and 2 with some more modern graphics.