By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Brawl increase wii NA sales

hopefully more and 2 million Brawl copies

Around the Network

Of course, Brawl is the most hyped game this year.

kingofwale said:
I think the question here is.... Why couldn't Nintendo make 4 million console per month like they promised almost over a year ago.

What's the issue here?
When did Nintendo promise to manufacture 4 million Wiis per month EVER, let alone in early 2008?  Source/link please. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Is this a joke? I dont want to be rude, but what do you think? Do you REALLY think Wii sales will DROP when one of the most anticipated games of the year on the Wii comes out? Come on, now. Everyone in their right mind should know the answer to this. The only factor that is remotely quirky about the situation is the fact that Wii Hardware is still dependent on supply. So even though it will go up for NA that week, it will be because of increased hardware to the region (which is directly related to the release of SSBB).

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Even if that game increases Wii sales....do the sales of the Wii really need to increase?? It's not like Nintendo is neck and neck with another console as its already outselling PS3 and 360 worldwide per WEEK combined.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

wii is supply constrained in the US

wii sales are completely dependent on how many Nintendo ships to the US

if they shipped us 3million tomorrow, then they would all sell out this week

brawl may only APPEAR to have moved more consoles because Nintendo may increase the US supply for the launch

but without brawl/kart this year, wii would still sell out all 20+ million that Nintendo ships

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

How can it increase what isn't there to buy in the first place? The only way there will be an increase is if Nintendo plans well and changed their Wii manufactoring already to push more stock into the NA channel.

Either way, Nintendo will still sell have a 99% sell through rate on what they ship WW this year.

if it doesnt increase sales it would be a terrible injustice

Bladeneo said:
Well, its hard to increase sales if theres no consoles to sell, so unless demand dies down before its release then no, it wont increase them.

This is the logical answer.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

too bad these threads don't come with polls or else I would have just said the obvious yes and wouldn't have to bother with writing and entire post.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989