By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Halo 4 Is Getting a Game of the Year Edition

Written by: Kevin Chieng | August 26, 2013 at 3:30PM

If you haven't picked up Halo 4 yet, you may want to hold off for another month. The Game of the Year Edition will be releasing this October.

IGN reports the announcement via a source, providing an image that appears to be from a conference. According to a slide, Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition will have $80 in content, including Spartan Ops Season 1, War Games Map Pass, Halo 4 Champions Bundle, and exclusive content found in pre-orders and limited editions. The GOTY Edition will sell for $49.99.
Any fans planning to pick up Halo 4: GOTY Edition?

Around the Network
fighter said:

Cool

By the way - what does it take to get an alias (i would love to see "Tetsuo" up there in the OP )

Just keep coming back and commenting and participating :)  If i see you being really active then you will get one XD

Raven722 said:
I R pro-PS4 but may I participate??

Sure, but probably should sweeten you up with a little ice cream first. Here ya go, in honor of your name a Baltimore Raven with a treat for you:

(He is just testing it to make sure it is not poison.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Raven722 said:
I R pro-PS4 but may I participate??

Sure, but probably should sweeten you up with a little ice cream first. Here ya go, in honor of your name a Baltimore Raven with a treat for you:

Lol there is something wrong with you.

Raven722 said:
Zappykins said:

Lol there is something wrong with you.

That may be entirely true.  But are you dissatisfied with your flavor or would you like some sprinkles?

So what games did you end up choosing?  Have you had a chance to play any yet?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
So...

Is it true you get XboxNation achievements if you post news articles!?

Yepp.  Just post the link in here.  Ill likely be lowering the numbers soon to 10 so eat the 15 point achievement up while you can XD

Ill be posting th leaders at the end of the month.  Ill try and start doing it the 1st and 15th.

BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:
BasilZero said:
So...

Is it true you get XboxNation achievements if you post news articles!?

Yepp.  Just post the link in here.  Ill likely be lowering the numbers soon to 10 so eat the 15 point achievement up while you can XD

Ill be posting th leaders at the end of the month.  Ill try and start doing it the 1st and 15th.

10 permanent? Or 10 per article? o.o

10 per article.  30 for an article that gets 100 posts.

BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

10 per article.  30 for an article that gets 100 posts.

Sign me up!

(Btw do you take exclusive Xbox news or are multiplat news OK?)

Anyways,

Halo 4 GOTY?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167081&page=1

Xbox Live updated to accept real money
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167065&page=1

Borderlands 2 GOTY Reported
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167088&page=1

Niko Bellic and GTAIII Characters to be added as options for customization options on GTA Online via Collector's Editions

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167056&page=1

Only exclusive because if we did multiplat this thread would be filled up with only links lol  But awesome man XD

BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

Only exclusive because if we did multiplat this thread would be filled up with only links lol  But awesome man XD

That is fine by me.

Anyways this and the PSN nation thread are now officially awesome!

Too bad the Nintendo version of these threads is dead then again there's barely any good news about Nintendo.

Thanks! Yeah unfortunately it died :/  It could always be revived in the future though :)

I have a hard time choosing on this poll... such different games... if it was COD vs BF4 the choice would be easy... but destiny I haven't heard enough about and seems more like a borderlands type of game than a competitive fps...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date