By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

fighter said:
JayWood2010 said:
fighter said:

Sign me up pls

Threads created lately about X1 :

A thread for Europeans who pre-ordered X1 and only for them

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166836&page=1

FULL MICROSOFT GAMESCOM 2013 CONFERENCE AVAILABLE HERE

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166599&page=1

Thank you Sony ---> Xbox 180 ---> Internet 180

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166550&page=1

Welcome aboard and nice quick 35 achievement points XD

Shouldn't it be 15 + 15 + 15 + 5 points ?

Aaaaand another 15 :

X1 has its_own hUMA-like coherency solution

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166838&page=1#

My bad, youre completely correct XD

Around the Network

Rare makes the best sequel that never was to Wave Race 64 and Kinect Works

GameCentral tests out the next gen version of the Kinect motion sensor and finds that the first wave of games are far better than you’d think.

I don’t like Kinect. I’m firmly against the idea of a controller without the ability to give physical feedback, but that’s not why I’m always so down on the original Xbox 360 version of the device. The reasons for that are much simpler: it doesn’t work. Not at all in the majority of living rooms I’ve tried it in, and in such an imprecise and unreliable fashion elsewhere that I’m still surprised it was ever released at all. The next generation Kinect though is a lot better.

Kinect Sports Rivals

Microsoft has been very quiet about Kinect (the new version doesn’t have a name, it’s still just ‘Kinect’) since announcing the Xbox One back in May. So much so that they never even mentioned Kinect Sports Rival in public and just let the game’s trailer quietly slip onto their YouTube page without ever bringing it up at the unveiling or at E3. But now that I’ve played it I’m convinced that does it a great disservice.

Even when they occasionally exceeded them developer Rare has never been able to avoid copying Nintendo, not just in broad strokes but down to very specific details. So I don’t know why I was surprised to find that Kinect Sports Rivals seems to take place on pixelated version of Wuhu Island from Wii Sports Resort. Not that it really matters, especially not when one of its six sports is the best sequel to Wave Race 64 that never was.

I’ve never been a big driving game fan but I’ve always loved the original Nintendo 64 jetski game, and it didn’t take much to get the attending developers to admit it was a huge influence on their game. In fact it feels almost like an HD remake, with waves rolling in that same semi-realistic way and your jet ski bobbing between them like OutRun’s long lost water-dwelling cousin. The track layout seems reminiscent too, with a half-submerged ship and a receding tide that makes a hidden sandbank much more prominent by the final lap.

Kinect Sports Rivals – better than Wave Race: Blue Storm

Of course what’s really important is how the game controls and I have to admit it works very well, even though you’re just standing there holding your hands out like you’re riding an invisible motorbike. I’ve no idea how a jetski actually works but apparently there’s a throttle on the right handle, so while you control direction by turn and leaning you manage acceleration by opening and closing your hand – all of which Kinect seemed to recognise perfectly.

There are also tricks while in the air, but I didn’t quite understand them and quickly abandoned them to make sure I still had a chance of winning. A turbo boost where you stamp your right foot on the ground worked fine though.

In fact the attendant developers were surprised I did so well, as apparently most other people try to control the game like it’s a current gen Kinect title – with wild movements and exaggerated gestures. Having listened to the initial advice to be more subtle and natural though I seemed to do well, never blaming my second place spot on Kinect despite considerable temptation.

I would still much prefer to control the game via a joypad though. It just seems so abstract and weightless pantomiming moves in front of a TV, but beyond personal preference I find no reason at all to criticise the Kinect controls. And I never thought I’d say that about any game.

In fact that’s not the only way Kinect managed to impress, as before the demo started I was made to sit down in front of it and tilt my head in various semi-specific directions. Although it took a while to happen (the system isn’t quite finished yet) the caricature you see above was created without any input from the developers beyond choosing the hair – and for better or worse (mostly worse) it does look worryingly like me.

The other five sports in the game are bowling, rock climbing, soccer, target shooting, and tennis. The only other one at Gamescom was rock climbing and although I didn’t have time to play it personally it seemed to work fine, even though it was naturally less complex – and to my mind interesting – than the jetski racing.

Formats: Xbox One
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Developer: Rare
Release Date: 2014

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/22/kinect-sports-rivals-and-fighter-within-hands-on-previews-it-actually-works-3933439/

Rare teases Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, and other old Ip's

Rare May Return To Banjo, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata, And/Or Other IP

Speaking with OXM at Gamescom, Rare’s Simon Woodroffe hinted that they may return to older IP after the release of Kinect Sports Rivals next spring.

“When we launched Kinect obviously there was a big focus on ‘everything must be Kinect. Now it’s in the box, use it where it make sense, don’t where it doesn’t. It can be used in some really – not gimmicky ways, which is what I think you’ll see a fair amount of – but ways that actually really enhance the game. We’ve got some ideas for how to use it in the right way.”

Which might even be in a new Perfect Dark “Maybe! We’ve got an idea for that. It would be controller plus Kinect. We’ve got ideas for most older Rare IP, you won’t be surprised to hear. There’s quite a lot of desire to do that, and Viva Pinata, Conker… Banjo’s very popular internally, a lot of people want to do stuff with Banjo.

This news makes this Rare fan very, very happy and excited! Now I’m anticipating Rivals’ release even more so that we can finally see a return an older IP (platforming Banjo-Kazooie, please?). What do you think? What game do you want to see Rare return to the most? Share your opinion in the comments!

http://www.rarefandabase.com/rare-may-return-to-banjo-perfect-dark-viva-pinata-andor-other-ip/

Kinect Sports Rivals Wave Racing is Beautiful

endimion said:

hmmm not sure at all about what you are saying.... smartglass is more complicated than it seems.... not only does it work on WP phone but tablet, PCs, android and iOS phones.... it's not like sony decides to do it and it works... until I see an app, it never happened.... streaming media to a device maybe but that's not the same as smartglass stand alone features.... maybe with the vita... and that might help sell the thing.... but I doubt we'll see anything remotly close to smartglass on PS4.... or yeah maybe as close to smartglass than the eyetoy/move is to Kinect fullbody tracking/voice control and other goodies...

the only thing that makes PS4 identical to XB1 is what every console has today and then XB1 has more... and beside the pseudo greater power of the PS4, it has nothing on the XB1, none at all (I say pseudo because as much fans want to stretch it, a 50% increased power in GPU is not that much in reality anything under 2 or 3 time the power is negligeable IMO) now that might not triger the interest of many, but no matter how they look at it XB1 has everything the PS4 has and then some more... fact... I leave you enjoy your extra Gflops alone in your room with your kleenex box.... while I go dance and wiggle my butt with that fine lot of wifey chick friend's.....
yeap we really don't have the same conception of fun ;P

anyway come on guys almost a 1000 post in this thread

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what exactly smart glass is at all. However, first lets take a look at the Wii U tablet. 2 really neat features are the second screen for extra stuff, and steaming. I would say the X1 is doing the second screen via smart glass, and PS4 is doing remote play via the PSV. A big difference in usage, but still similar facets of using an exterior device. Both may end up doing both for all we know. However, what I did see @ E3 was PC/PS4 build of games utilizing a tablet/mobile device for interaction within a game, but that is not the same thing as a second screen. So BF4, Watch Dogs, and The Division will all use tablets to have a remote player assist in different ways. To me this seems like the most revolutionary thing that is going on with next gen gaming and should be available on PC, X1, and PS4.

What I think would be really cool with the X1 smart glass is full support for the NVIDIA Sheild! Have a full controller with second screen built in to that same device would work extremely well, and then they could also work on streaming like the PSV on PS4, but could even go beyond that device to work with any device and an X1 controller for streaming from the X1. PS4 could probably also implement this, but is less likely as they want to promote their mobile device.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
endimion said:

hmmm not sure at all about what you are saying.... smartglass is more complicated than it seems.... not only does it work on WP phone but tablet, PCs, android and iOS phones.... it's not like sony decides to do it and it works... until I see an app, it never happened.... streaming media to a device maybe but that's not the same as smartglass stand alone features.... maybe with the vita... and that might help sell the thing.... but I doubt we'll see anything remotly close to smartglass on PS4.... or yeah maybe as close to smartglass than the eyetoy/move is to Kinect fullbody tracking/voice control and other goodies...

the only thing that makes PS4 identical to XB1 is what every console has today and then XB1 has more... and beside the pseudo greater power of the PS4, it has nothing on the XB1, none at all (I say pseudo because as much fans want to stretch it, a 50% increased power in GPU is not that much in reality anything under 2 or 3 time the power is negligeable IMO) now that might not triger the interest of many, but no matter how they look at it XB1 has everything the PS4 has and then some more... fact... I leave you enjoy your extra Gflops alone in your room with your kleenex box.... while I go dance and wiggle my butt with that fine lot of wifey chick friend's.....
yeap we really don't have the same conception of fun ;P

anyway come on guys almost a 1000 post in this thread

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what exactly smart glass is at all. However, first lets take a look at the Wii U tablet. 2 really neat features are the second screen for extra stuff, and steaming. I would say the X1 is doing the second screen via smart glass, and PS4 is doing remote play via the PSV. A big difference in usage, but still similar facets of using an exterior device. Both may end up doing both for all we know. However, what I did see @ E3 was PC/PS4 build of games utilizing a tablet/mobile device for interaction within a game, but that is not the same thing as a second screen. So BF4, Watch Dogs, and The Division will all use tablets to have a remote player assist in different ways. To me this seems like the most revolutionary thing that is going on with next gen gaming and should be available on PC, X1, and PS4.

What I think would be really cool with the X1 smart glass is full support for the NVIDIA Sheild! Have a full controller with second screen built in to that same device would work extremely well, and then they could also work on streaming like the PSV on PS4, but could even go beyond that device to work with any device and an X1 controller for streaming from the X1. PS4 could probably also implement this, but is less likely as they want to promote their mobile device.

That would be really cool but honestly Nintendo has both Sony and MSFT beat on this front.  WiiU is both a controller with physical buttons and a second screen.

I think Smart Glass is cool in ways but personally it isnt a selling point for me.  It just seems like something that I will never use.  Ive had it for X360 ive never really used it other than a DVD remote.  And now that I will have Kinect 2.0 with voice recognition i wont need a remote at all.

Idk.  maybe MSFT and Sony will improve this little 2nd screen thing in the future but so far i havent cared for it.

What is the best Xbox One Game Tournament?

Ryse: Son of Rome vs Lococycle

Ryse should easily win this one.

NobleTeam360 said:

lol yeah you would think haha

And you was officially the 1000th comment.

Here have  50 Gamer points!

JayWood2010 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

lol yeah you would think haha

And you was officially the 1000th comment.

Here have  50 Gamer points!

O__O cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel honored to receive this achievement for 1000th post in this thread.