By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Is DirectX12 Xbox One's Secret Sauce?

Around the Network

Didn't you visited that thread by vasto where you will get bowls of laugh.

New XBO Nation Theme on the Front Page chosen by Ryuu.  As always, if you guess it you get to pick the next theme

FrontlineJaguar said:
Didn't you visited that thread by vasto where you will get bowls of laugh.

Yes lol  That defense xD  I dont believe anybody was claiming that XBO was going to be the most powerful machine ever but it is inevitable that things will improve if not create parity if DX12 is really that good.  BUt man, that one kid in that thread haha  He was really trying to make a case out of nothing.  NOble just said he was excited to see what was going to happen and bam, he went off lol

So im debating on upgrading to Windows 8 guys. I have the disc in my computer already, and it seems W8 will work great with XBO so maybe i should. What do you guys think? Stay with w7 that i have no problems with or upgrade to W8?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
So im debating on upgrading to Windows 8 guys. I have the disc in my computer already, and it seems W8 will work great with XBO so maybe i should. What do you guys think? Stay with w7 that i have no problems with or upgrade to W8?

Go for it windows 8 is good but don't forget to update it to 8.1 . 8.1 is best windows fast and awesome

JayWood2010 said:

Windows 8 is solid, but I personally like Windows 7 more. 

Well w8 is everything win7 was and then some.... Especially now that you don't need to use MUI at all if you don't want to
only thing really different is the start menu... But I always thought that was crap on win7 and barely ever used it.... Other than that I have zero issues.. My PC runs weeks without a reboot.. And I have had barely any driver issues... Except on very old stuff not supported anymore like old ass network printers... But those have always been a pain on any OS I have tried even Linux..

By the way was there going to be a livestream for GDC? Really want to watch the DirectX12 portion.

NobleTeam360 said:
By the way was there going to be a livestream for GDC? Really want to watch the DirectX12 portion.

There might be for the DX12 portion, but i dont know about the whole thing.  Ive never watched a GDC livestream personally.

If not there will be videos afterwards at least.