By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Got witcher 3 yesterday played 2-3 hours of it so far. Loving it right now. playing on the second hardest difficulty. Gameplay is way better than I thought and heard it would be. Fantastic really, much better than skyrims. Story's ok but I haven't played much of it yet and I missed the first 2 games. My biggest letdown is the graphics, thought they would be out of this world. There still great but they are still from planet earth.

I reiterate that the gameplay is great. I don't understand the jabs at it other than the movement which isn't very bothersome to me. Combat is very satisfying, dodging enemies or shooting fire at them in the nic of time is awesome. I love the emphasis on defense.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

seriously, what happened to versus?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Dammit. I wasn't able to beat Witcher 2 before Witcher 3 arrives.

This is good, though, now I can go back at my own pace instead of trying to speed through the story. I had forgotten how awesome is just to go around dispatching some bandits, although enemies that block every single one of my attacks get on my nerves. Especially those on which I Aard' and they fall on their knees with the shield raised. UGH!

shikamaru317 said:

^Glad you're enjoying it. Honestly all of the criticism I've heard for Witcher 3 is nitpicky little stuff that's of little importance in the grand scheme of things, those people are just looking for reasons to dislike the game instead of the opposite.

The combat is great, takes some getting used to but once you have the hang of it it's challenging, rewarding, and most importantly fun. The soundtrack is great, soundtrack of the year contender good imo. The story is deep and personal and the world feels alive to me (one of only a few games I've played where the world felt alive). Graphics aren't bad when you consider it's an open world game with very few loading screens, I'd say it's roughly tied with Far Cry 4 for 2nd best graphics on XB1 so far (Ryse is #1).

Ya I agree with everything u say. It's the only game I've ever played that feels truly alive.

I have only put substantial time on a few mideavil fantasy RPGs, not a fan of the setting. The whole list is two worlds, skyrim, and inquisition. Dragon age being my favorite at a 8.5/10. This game so far blows it out of the water. Probably gunna sink a lot of time into this one. Lol the achievements are slow coming though. None in 6 hours.

hudsoniscool said:
shikamaru317 said:

^Glad you're enjoying it. Honestly all of the criticism I've heard for Witcher 3 is nitpicky little stuff that's of little importance in the grand scheme of things, those people are just looking for reasons to dislike the game instead of the opposite.

The combat is great, takes some getting used to but once you have the hang of it it's challenging, rewarding, and most importantly fun. The soundtrack is great, soundtrack of the year contender good imo. The story is deep and personal and the world feels alive to me (one of only a few games I've played where the world felt alive). Graphics aren't bad when you consider it's an open world game with very few loading screens, I'd say it's roughly tied with Far Cry 4 for 2nd best graphics on XB1 so far (Ryse is #1).

Ya I agree with everything u say. It's the only game I've ever played that feels truly alive.

I have only put substantial time on a few mideavil fantasy RPGs, not a fan of the setting. The whole list is two worlds, skyrim, and inquisition. Dragon age being my favorite at a 8.5/10. This game so far blows it out of the water. Probably gunna sink a lot of time into this one. Lol the achievements are slow coming though. None in 6 hours.

Wow really? Now I definitely need to play this game 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

That double fine strategy game sounds awesome. So happy the GWG isn't going to be another side scroller. The only genres I really like are shooters, RPGs, and strategy so I'm happy.

Wow. The weekend sucks for news.

Yeah it's just pre e3. It will be really slow the next weeks before e3

Did bs angel left 343?

FrontlineJaguar said:
Did bs angel left 343?

wĥy do you say that?