By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

crissindahouse said:
chocoloco said:
If it is Gears vs. Halo. That is what I was thinking it would be the whole time.

Not really a surprise, only maybe something like a new Elder Scrolls game (not MMO) could have a chance against it but I think not even that because we have also many who hate Edler Scrolls and would automatically vote for the competitor. 

This is a sales site. A lot of us know the numbers and just based on ownership alone it seems obvious what the most commonly played games would be on here. Being an exclusive helps too. The Elder scrolls has a long history on the xbox and sells really well, yes. There are a lot of people that complain about framerate issues and bugs on that game. omg, yes!

Around the Network

Gears 4 all the way for me, followed by QB then ME4 - ME series lost me at 2 after how great the first game was.

gears 4, baby.

JLC215 said:
Gears 4 all the way for me, followed by QB then ME4 - ME series lost me at 2 after how great the first game was.

Yep, ME2 was good as a TPS. However, it lost all the exploration and RPG elements that made the first one ground breaking on 7th gen.

roborad said:
gears 4, baby.

Did a wild ditto just appear? :P lol jp

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
JLC215 said:

Yep, ME2 was good as a TPS. However, it lost all the exploration and RPG elements that made the first one ground breaking on 7th gen.

I never actually finished ME2.  Is it really the best of the three?

JayWood2010 said:
Goatseye said:
JLC215 said:

I never actually finished ME2.  Is it really the best of the three?

In terms of action, it's kinda the better of three but as a RPG ME2 doesn't compare to 1.

The choices you had in ME1 to equip your character is infinitely better, the voice acting is way better in ME1 as well; The item management and space exploration was the best in 2007.

ME2 & 3 strip most of the RPG elements for a more focused corridor shooting type of scenario. We lost the only space exploration RPG we only had.

Ka-pi96 said:

The item management system was atrocious. There was no way to sort or organise or to mass sell/dismantle all the stuff you got (the vast majority of which was crap) and if you didn't get rid of it then you'd get an annoying message every time you try and open something saying your inventory is nearly full. As for the exploration... what exploration? Driving around desolate wastelands with nothing to see on them and just a generic enemy hideout or something to kill is hardly fun. Mass Effect 2 had much better exploration, buying star charts to go and see new planets and the planets you land on actually being interesting and worth looking around.

In 2007, ME1 had an expansive world and a next gen feeling of unprecedented alien atmosphere. The inventory system was cluttered but it made the player decide which item to get rid of or transform into some kind of useful gel.

The exploration was fine for 2007, which was the beggining of 7th gen where the engine and knowledge of the hardware, couldn't help them with their ambition. The foundations were laid and it just needed a follow up.

ME2 didn't have exploration at all. The pathetic planet scanning is not exploration at all. The planets you land on, which has to be on main missions, where corridors and warehouses except a handful scenarios.

All they had to do was streamline the item management, tighten the fight and driving mechanics and develop a better engine to populate the worlds with props and NPCs.

Ka-pi96 said:
Anybody here played the 360 port of San Andreas?

I'm wondering if there is any way to make it load the latest save by default. At the moment it just goes to the latest autosave, which is often quite a bit behind the last time I manually saved the game. Kinda annoying.

Disable autosave?  I played it on the X360 but that was the first version, you have the last version right?  

Tough choice between Gears of War 4 and Mass Effect 4. Going to have to go with Mass Effect though, love Gears too though.