By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:
true_fan said:

I don't believe Satya, we all know he is looking to sell XBOX as soon as possible.

I have to admit, I'm one of the people who often says that Nadella wants to get rid of Xbox. But its great to hear the encouraging words from him about Xbox and gaming. He seems to have changed his attitude on the matter. But I guess after the Mojang purchase, it was obvious he wants to keep gaming as a part of MS for the long run. 

It was never him who was against Xbox. It was investors. He's the one who said Xbox is important and kept it.

But he also said Xbox is not a core part of MS, and in his long memo to staff, he barely talked about Xbox. He mentioned it briefly before talking about mobile gaming. So it looked like he wasn't interested in Xbox. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
jlmurph2 said:
MoHasanie said:

I have to admit, I'm one of the people who often says that Nadella wants to get rid of Xbox. But its great to hear the encouraging words from him about Xbox and gaming. He seems to have changed his attitude on the matter. But I guess after the Mojang purchase, it was obvious he wants to keep gaming as a part of MS for the long run. 

It was never him who was against Xbox. It was investors. He's the one who said Xbox is important and kept it.

But he also said Xbox is not a core part of MS, and in his long memo to staff, he barely talked about Xbox. He mentioned it briefly before talking about mobile gaming. So it looked like he wasn't interested in Xbox. 

He said the exact opposite.

Edit: Nevermind lol he said they're dedicated to it.

TiagoCosta said:
Versus_Evil said:
TiagoCosta said:
The random disconnects also happen over here, good to see something being done.

---

The indie isn't that bad, by iron Galaxy?

Necrosoft Games and Iron Galaxy Studios, its their first collaboration. You probably know who IG are, they've worked on a range of games ranging from terrible > average to great. Necrosoft (fyi they've got a cool logo) have created Oh, Deer! and Gunhouse, Imo neither of those two where good.

Iron did a lot of AAA already, doesn't scream indie to me but necrosoft sounds and seems to be a mobile dev. Weird combination.

btw, done. 

@TiagoCostaX: @XboxP3 stuff that need to appear on Xbox, shenmue 3 (1+2 remasters as well) + lost odyssey 2(1 ported to XBO as well) and persona 5!

Persona 5 is exclusive to another console.  I doubt they will get it.

shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:

Persona 5 is exclusive to another console.  I doubt they will get it.

As far as we know they have no contract with Sony though, which means that it's a PS exclusive because Atlus chose to release it as an exclusive for whatever reason. Since it is an exclusive by choice that means that Phil could always try persuade them to make it a multiplat release, can't hurt to try at least. Perhaps if they offered Atlus some assistance porting it to Xbox One Atlus would go for it.

If Sony didn't offer them a contract then why is this only being made for ps4?

shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:

If Sony didn't offer them a contract then why is this only being made for ps4?

Perhaps they don't have the manpower to port it to Xbox One right now, or perhaps they just think that it won't sell that well on Xbox One since it's a Japanese game and Xbox One mainly only sells well in the West. Regardless, MS could try to convince them to release it on Xbox One, if it's a manpower issue MS could offer some assistance, they've worked with some other 3rd party devs to help them port their games to Xbox One.

True but if they could you'd imagine ms would have struck a deal by now. If they havnt I don't see them going for one since the xbox one sells about 300 units a week in Japan.  They would never make the money back. 

Around the Network

So no Dragons Dogma online for Xbox :(

maximrace said:
So no Dragons Dogma online for Xbox :(

Ya.....cus a f2p cross gen MMO is what DD fans wanted from Capcom

Still better than nothing :P

maximrace said:
Still better than nothing :P

No, actually it's not. It once again shows a willingness by Capcom to take their franchises in all the wrong directions. 

Versus_Evil said:

Capcom are such a fucking fail of a company smh. They knew damn well people wanted a DD2 and we get this crap.

Ya it's a damn shame. DD was one of my favorite games from last gen. It has so much potential to move forward with......but of course Capcom has to go and do dumb shit