By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Just finished my science fair. back to gaming :D

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

What is with Amazon recently listing preorders for full price games for less than $60? Last week they had Uncharted 4 and a few other games for just over $40, today they have Kingdom Hearts 3 for $41. A good price, makes we wish I had money to preorder it right now. The Xbox One version is up to #5 fortunately, just 2 spots behind the PS4 version. I think the game will do pretty well on Xbox One, especially if they release the Kingdom Hearts collection on Xbox One first.

Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship the product, so pre-order away

Versus_Evil said:

Well looks like Borderlands 3 will be a 2017 release if they're only now "ready to start".

I would actually expect it to be late 2018.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Been playing D4 today, and after hating it for about the first 10 minutes I have to say I've really grown a liking to it. It's actually pretty great in a lot of ways. Good move by MS making it free this month, having gotten into it now I would definitely pay for more. Hope they do in fact get to finish it

Are the MCC problems still not fixed or are there not that many people playing anymore? Its takes so long to find a game. I was finding games faster on Halo 4 a few weeks ago than I am now on the MCC.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Are the MCC problems still not fixed or are there not that many people playing anymore? Its takes so long to find a game. I was finding games faster on Halo 4 a few weeks ago than I am now on the MCC.

Depends on where you live but it's still not really fixed ( plus not many playing imo). Also they are working on a patch that changed the whole underlying system, so that should fix things ( if it doesn't game is beyond fixing imo)

maximrace said:
MoHasanie said:

Depends on where you live but it's still not really fixed ( plus not many playing imo). Also they are working on a patch that changed the whole underlying system, so that should fix things ( if it doesn't game is beyond fixing imo)

That's disappointing There were a lot of people playing the Halo 5 beta so I thought they'd come back to the MCC once the beta was done but I guess they didn't. I mean, I was finding games in Halo 4, in playlists with less than 500 people faster than I am in this game. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

That's disappointing There were a lot of people playing the Halo 5 beta so I thought they'd come back to the MCC once the beta was done but I guess they didn't. I mean, I was finding games in Halo 4, in playlists with less than 500 people faster than I am in this game. 

IMO, if the game was fixed people would have returned after the beta. Now they played a game, saw it was still the same shit and moved on. This makes me really really sad, Halo is my favourite franchise. This was it's chance to show new people how awsome the games are, but they fucked up so big. I'm more sad about this than the initial Xbox One DRM reveal tbh

Another kampf post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149094872&postcount=550

While I understand your concern, let's look at the other side of this medal. This is a general statement by the way. Destruction does not only mean you delete pre-defined pathes in your game world. You can also use destructible objects to create alternative or even completely new pathes. Do you agree?

As an example, look at the E3 teaser again. While obviously pre-rendered, maybe have a closer look at the gameplay elements shown there. If used correctly, enviromnents can be used to create new ways or even paths to new areas you couldn't reach before. It is a teaser with exaggerated content, but the message for the game is shown right there. You can go in, having some fun and go BOOM! Or you can go in, remain having some fun, think about what you want to achieve - and then you go BOOM :)

Simple example. Imagine you see an orb - and with the existing environment there is no way you can reach that green little ball. So you have to begin to think about what you can do. Maybe the designer wants you to blow things up and find your own way here? In these kind of situations, the platforming aspect remains the same. We just went one step further in this very simple example. From here, you can transfer this example on much more complex gameplay situations - like in the teaser trailer, where you just made a BOOM for the truck that goes BOOM afterwards - resulting in an even bigger BOOM and a collapsing building.

Sometimes it's just fun to blow shit up. I think you agree on this ;) The challenge is to make the destructible enviromnents also relevant to the gameplay.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop while always searching these orbs, being this overpowered human thing. This is, in short, the Crackdown experience for me. As I stated earlier, this is also why I expected more "platforming" answers. But maybe this answer was to obvious and too connected with the franchise already. However, it's about adding another layer to that concept. Giving you a much more dynamic experience.

1. @aarongreenberg Dx12 going to effect x1 substantially? Or more PC

@JustinAguiar Both, but devs have to make use of it.