By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

I would love to try Project Spark out but I don't have Windows 8, hopefully the X1 beta comes out soon and isn't overly difficult to get in to.

Around the Network

Fixing Parties confirmed, thankfully xD lol

Anyways i put that in the OP

New Xbox One and PS4 shooter aims to blur line between single and multiplayer

Painkiller dev's new shooter Get Even also promises "photo-realistic" visuals.

by Eddie Makuch 

Polish developer The Farm 51 (Painkiller: Hell & Damnation) today announced a new shooter called Get Even for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game aims to blur the line between single- and multiplayer and offer "photo-realistic" visuals.

Get Even's story focuses on the memories of its main heroes. These memories will have a "dramatic" effect on how the game plays out, and the decisions players make on their journey will determine their personality, Farm 51 said.

When a player begins a single-player mission, others can join the quest as enemy players. This means players will never know if their foes are humans or NPCs, Farm 51 said, which should heighten the feeling of suspense.

Get Even will also boast photo-realistic visuals thanks to a new 3D scanning technology called Thorskan that incorporates "advanced lighting effects" to create compelling visuals. You can see a demonstration of what this technology is capable in this YouTube video.

The level of visuals Thorskan can create

The game also aims to separate itself from the current pack of shooters through its weaponry, described as technology beyond current capabilities, but not beyond the realm of possibility. One example provided was that of a gun that can shoot around corners.

"As an independent developer, it would be foolish to go head-to-head with the larger companies and create a 'me-too' knock-off, and frankly we wouldn’t be interested in doing it," The Farm 51 CEO Wojtek Pazdur said. "We believe that there is still a ton of content and design creativity that has yet to be explored in the first-person genre, as well as an audience beyond the warfare player--those are the people we are going for with Get Even."

Get Even is scheduled to launch in 2015 as a download. The game is currently "several months" into development. It is not the only new project aiming to break down the traditional wall between single- and multiplayer, as Bungie's new shooter Destiny promises to do the same.

Alien: Isolation runs in 1080p on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Sega confirms resolution for both next-gen versions of upcoming survival horror game.

by Eddie Makuch 

Alien: Isolation, the new survival horror sci-fi game from Total War developer Creative Assembly, will run in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Sega revealed today on Twitter.

"Happy to confirm that the game will run in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!," the company said.

It is not clear, however, if both console versions of Alien: Isolation run in 1080p natively or if they will be up-scaled to that resolution. Sega said, "Right now, we're definitely aiming for native 1080p," but wouldn't confirm if this was locked in for the final game.

Alien: Isolation will also be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, but not Wii U. The game launches this falland stars Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda. For more on Alien: Isolation, check out GameSpot's recently published preview.

Ryuu96 said:
Oh ffs, I was wondering why I haven't saw much off Selnor, Banned again lol...I actually like him as well and Nsanity too but LOL at his ban reason, Bit Ott Nsanity if your reading but funny >:P Soon most the Xbox fans will just be perm banned =( Makes me more cautious with what I post every time I see a user get banned

Also nice about Alien Isolation, I don't see why it would be so hard for a game like that to be Native either so I'm pretty sure it will be, If it's not that's just laziness from them but so far it looks pretty good, One alien, Slender feel, No guns to blast the alien to pieces which makes it more intense, Will buy it if the reviews are good and it doesn't turn out like the last Alien game....Bad

Im not sure if i like Selnor or not as ive never really interacted with him but i dont like his posting style at all.  He needs to calm down.  I usually skip over his posts and dont even read them to be completely honest with you.  I know it will be cringing at times.  No offense to the guy or anything.  He just needs to adjust what and how he says things.

Around the Network

Yay! More updates and apps coming in the next few months! Here's hoping a HBO GO app is going to arrive soon.

yo_john117 said:
Yay! More updates and apps coming in the next few months! Here's hoping a HBO GO app is going to arrive soon.

They dont have HBO GO yet? Well they need to get on that.  Game of Thrones is coming back soon

^^ Supposedly HBO is one of the apps that is supposed to arrive sooner than later (it was on the launch list of apps if I remember right).

yo_john117 said:
^^ Supposedly HBO is one of the apps that is supposed to arrive sooner than later (it was on the launch list of apps if I remember right).

What  HBO needs to do is offer HBO Go without a Cable subscription.  Then they could broaden their audience

JayWood2010 said:
yo_john117 said:

What  HBO needs to do is offer HBO Go without a Cable subscription.  Then they could broaden their audience

I agree, but they won't. :/

At least now I finally have HBO after years of not being able to get affordable cable (Got a pretty sick deal on a cable/internet bundle). Now if Xfinitiy makes a live TV app for the X1 I'll be able to get rid of the HD cable box that I'm renting and my monthly fee will be even less.