By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

iceland said:
TiagoCosta said:
We need a new golden axe, streets of rage, Altered Beast...

(Also ristar, Vectorman)

Man I HATED Altered Beast, one of the worst classic SEGA titles IMO

Ristar <3 Played the shit out of that game on the GameGear.

How about some old treasure stuff like Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes? Mega drive had so many amazing 2D platformers.

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:

How about some old treasure stuff like Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes? Mega drive had so many amazing 2D platformers.

Honestly I haven't played either of those but I'm okay with more platformers :) I have no faith in the Sega of today though. 

Love these Battletoad rumors. It's great that MS is finaly opening Rare's portfolio. Now they should open their own dusty portfolio and revive some Mechassault and Crimson Skies. While we're at it, phone call Sega and offer them some money so they can revive some of their franchises as well... you can do it MS!

iceland said:
TiagoCosta said:

Honestly I haven't played either of those but I'm okay with more platformers :) I have no faith in the Sega of today though. 

Most of the MD stuff I tried was on XBLA, we got most of the classics.

Unfortunately the good developers, and most of the first party sega studios... Either disappeared from the face of earth or are no longer working for them, this happened right after sega going third party. During dreamcast time they were still there (:'().

But sega actually now owns some interesting studios, like Relic, SI, atlus, The Creative Assembly... Sonic team :p

Microsoft should buy sega, all these pc/console developers would fit in the first party portfolio.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Love these Battletoad rumors. It's great that MS is finaly opening Rare's portfolio. Now they should open their own dusty portfolio and revive some Mechassault and Crimson Skies. While we're at it, phone call Sega and offer them some money so they can revive some of their franchises as well... you can do it MS!

Phil Spencer already said they have been working on Meachassault, but its just ideas.  No confirmation if theyre actually making a game or not

Kind of interesting fact about sega, 114 of the 117 sega master system games were first party in NA :). MS should have spend 2.5 billion in buying Sega

They should have gotten rare and sega together, when they started the Xbox brand.

Sega is Sammy property. If MS were to buy Sega I'm pretty sure they would have to spend more than what Sega is worth.
I'd bet more on acquisition of IPs or studios.
If anything, I would rather see MS staff studios with AM2/3 folks. Virtua Cop could've been a very good Kinect game.

Personally i dont think SEGA would be worth it. Sonic is their biggest franchise and it doesnt seem all that big anymore.

They have Atlus games, Alien, and a few other games but nothing major that i can think of off the top of my head