By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:

Ooh i just thought of another one.  Persona 4.  Im pretty sure you can get that on PS3.  Its literally the best Story oriented JRPG ive ever played, though i havent played as many as some of you guys have lol

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
iceland said:

Pretty solid list, no FFX HD tho?

It's a possibility. It's so long though, and I've heard some criticism about it (largely in regards to the voice acting and dialogue in general), so I'm not sure that I'd want to invest myself in such a long game when there's a possibility I might not like it. 

fair enough, I think the voice acting adds to the charm lmao. I liked the story, characters, and classic FF gameplay. 

It's the last mainline FF game that I liked, maybe XV can change that.

I didn't like tomb raider very much. The way the camera shakes while u walk, especially while hurt(basically the who time) makes me so nauseus that I can't play more than 20-30 minutes at a time. Uncharted 1n 2 where great. Uncharted 1 had slightly better sp but 2 had great mp. Never played 3(did play the beta and it wasn't very good)

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

JayWood2010 said:

Really? o.O  I did find Tomb Raider to be better personally.  I just found the gameplay to be better.  As for story Uncharted has a more lighthearted nature to it where Tomb Raider is darker but i wouldnt say one or the other was better in that aspect

Not going to lie, Lara's cuteness might have been a factor xD

But seriously I just find her to be a more interesting character, also I liked how the last TR was semi-open world. And damn that bow felt awesome, really liked the combat more in Tomb Raider. I think Uncharted is a solid game but I just couldn't get into it. It honestly bored me, I really wanted to like it because my friend LOVES Uncharted but... yeah didn't happen. I'm willing to give it another go sometime but I'm not sure if my mind will change.

shikamaru317 said:
iceland said:

fair enough, I think the voice acting adds to the charm lmao. I liked the story, characters, and classic FF gameplay. 

It's the last mainline FF game that I liked, maybe XV can change that.

The thing is that for me personally, story is more important than gameplay in a JRPG, and since I've heard that the dialogue is laughably bad in some parts, I worry that it could ruin the whole game for me. I'd probably at least give it a rental eventually when I felt I had thetime to play such a long game. 

I've seen this often talked about cutscene before and it makes me worry, lol:

I knew that scene was going to pop up xD Honestly most of the dialogue is fine IMO There's only a few cringe worthy parts. I think the story in X is pretty good, I enjoyed it. Can't comment on X-2 though.

Around the Network

Unity reviews???

• don't really like the look of that halo 5 map, looks boring.

• halo mcc has been at number 2 on amazon since yesterday(had dropped to 5)

• very disappointed with the lack of halo commercials. I only saw one yesterday.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Ka-pi96 said:

No love for Chloe?

who? I'm guessing that's some Uncharted character? lol

iceland said:
JayWood2010 said:

Not going to lie, Lara's cuteness might have been a factor xD

But seriously I just find her to be a more interesting character, also I liked how the last TR was semi-open world. And damn that bow felt awesome, really liked the combat more in Tomb Raider. 

Lol xD 

Yeah the Open world was a really nice take on it.  Tomb Raider was actually in my top 10 last generation.  The combat in it was superb as well.  Really excited about Rise of The Tomb Raider.  Hope they can do a repeat and make it just as good if not better

iceland said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No love for Chloe?

who? I'm guessing that's some Uncharted character? lol

Uncharted 3