By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox One Executives React to Kinect Unbundling, Mention You Can Keep Free Games Even if Gold Expires

by Giuseppe Nelva (42 minutes ago) 40 

Today Microsoft announced the future release of an Xbox One SKU without Kinect, and of course major Xbox executives have been bombarded with questions on Twitter. Two prominent ones decided to give their take on the decision:

Director of Product Planning Albert Penello, who previously said the removal of the camera would never happen, doesn’t seem to be too worried about the past:

Sure! I think this shows we listen and respond to feedback from fans. Excited to have a new approachable price point.

Chief of Staff Aaron Greenberg is pretty much on the same wavelength, and explained that Microsoft still intends to invest in Kinect:

Always open to feedback from our fans, we believe giving more choice and still supporting Kinect is a good thing.

Still fully support Kinect and investing there, this is about offering more choice for our fans.

Interestingly enough Greenberg was asked if gamers will be able to keep the free Xbox One games downloaded with thanks to the Games with Gold offer, and he confirmed that they will, openly contradicting the fine print in today’s announcement about the issue.

If Greenberg is to be believed (and there’s no reason not to) we’ll be able to keep our free Xbox One games even after the expiration of our Xbox Live Gold subscription’s expiration. At the moment we don’t really know the reason behind the discrepancy, so we’ll have to stand by for further confirmation.

What? I thought it was you can't if you don't have gold now? .....

That's weird, just posted it though

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I think maybe he means that the games are yours to keep, but you can only access them as long as you are an active Gold member. In other words your GWG games don't disappear permanently if you let your Gold sub lapse. Would be cool if they have better game offerings and permanent access to them though,

jlmurph2 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think maybe he means that the games are yours to keep, but you can only access them as long as you are an active Gold member. In other words your GWG games don't disappear permanently if you let your Gold sub lapse. Would be cool if they have better game offerings and permanent access to them though,

im so confused now phil we need you

30k posts soon... I know you guys want it... who gets the reward for getting the 30 000th post?

Nice job into achieving that guys :)

Jazz2K said:
30k posts soon... I know you guys want it... who gets the reward for getting the 30 000th post?

The reward is a ban for spamming. That's what we agreed right?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Jazz2K said:

i heard ryuu wanted it 

Ryuu96 said:
Phil should slap up everybody who is wrong at Xbox from now on! Lol he isn't replying to others or or so I assume he may of been wrong....

If he's wrong wouldn't he delete it?

Conegamer said:
Jazz2K said:

Hahaha yeah hope your aim is good.

Ryuu96 said:
Conegamer said:
Jazz2K said:

Just before 30k you should ban everybody for like 10 minutes, then you can get 30k! =P

No need. I've got the touch so don't need to cheat

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ryuu96 said:
Conegamer said:

Just before 30k you should ban everybody for like 10 minutes, then you can get 30k! =P

Don't give him the idea... other mods might just come in a get the 30k post... should write in the title "Who will take the 30k post crown from X1 Nation!"