By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

FDARaptor said:
Seece said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
@seece it is bit expensive for what it provides. Moreover you should wait a little bit surface mini or maybe a new windows phone 8 tablet coming in future. But overall if we leave piece tablet is fine just short on battery life. Performance wise it is good runs most of the games and handles them nicely. You should wait for other windows tablets.

Windows app store is crap and that's primarily why I'm getting an iPad, so I'm pretty much settled on not getting a surface lol. Not waiting either, want something in the next month

Might I interest you in a android tablet? the app store is bigger, due to having double the install base of iOS.

Can't stand the android asthetics, the whole ecosystem (and Samsung mobile hardware) turns me off!

Around the Network

That's right android on the tablet is not up to the mark on a smartphone I still appreciate it but on tablet ios is great but its way too expensive and I just don't like how ios on tablet is exactly same on a smartphone.

Even though I dislike apple, and have an android tablet myself.....I'd have to recommend you get an apple tablet ver any other brand. As a gamer, there's things you just don't get outside of apple. For example, you can play KOTOR on an iPad. That's a seller argument right there lol

Jazz2K said:

I'm also interrested in a tablet but don't know which one. My phone is a Nokia Lumia and I love it. I don't want a tablet that is too big so the iPad Mini got my attention but I just hate iTunes and Apple's way of locking everyting... the Galaxy Tab is also interresting.

I wanted a Windows Tablet, like the Nokia 2520 but I'm not sure about the size.

After trying out certain tablets and owning some...i can say quite easily that when it comes to tablets Apple is far ahead of the rest imo.

I would go with the iPad Mini if i were you

Yeah the close off nature of iOS is a pain but it truly is a brilliant device. Also the support in the App Store is awesome.

MS also released a Office App for iOS recently although for full functionality you need to pay for it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Angelus said:
Even though I dislike apple, and have an android tablet myself.....I'd have to recommend you get an apple tablet ver any other brand. As a gamer, there's things you just don't get outside of apple. For example, you can play KOTOR on an iPad. That's a seller argument right there lol

It was so fun... I had to convince my sister to let me use her's.

Around the Network

I agree with you guys overall experience is iPad and apple has best tablets but at the end it comes down to your use. For me I am more engaged in productivity from my tablet rather than games and games takes a back seat when deciding to buy a tablet recently I have been trying all the tablets at my own store and yes if seece you are looking for an overall experience Ipad is definitely the device you should go with but if you are like me who likes control over his tablet a bit more open ecosystem and games are not the top priority go with a windows.
I don't want to disappoint people or bash but don't go for an android tablet it kind of sucks.

FrontlineJaguar said:
I agree with you guys overall experience is iPad and apple has best tablets but at the end it comes down to your use. For me I am more engaged in productivity from my tablet rather than games and games takes a back seat when deciding to buy a tablet recently I have been trying all the tablets at my own store and yes if seece you are looking for an overall experience Ipad is definitely the device you should go with but if you are like me who likes control over his tablet a bit more open ecosystem and games are not the top priority go with a windows.
I don't want to disappoint people or bash but don't go for an android tablet it kind of sucks.

It'll mainly be for like train journeys to kill time, so totally entertainment. I like the cheap price too (£200) don't want to spend too much on a tablet.

Android is definitely off the table xD

Seece seems like iPad mini will be the device to go with but I recommend checking out an windows tablet also because I have converted many people who cane to buy an iPad into windows tablet. Rather than asking others opinions go and check it for your self

FrontlineJaguar said:
Seece seems like iPad mini will be the device to go with but I recommend checking out an windows tablet also because I have converted many people who cane to buy an iPad into windows tablet. Rather than asking others opinions go and check it for your self

Unfortunately I don't know many places in UK that even have surface units for demo?

@seece ok I see but if you get a chance do check it out.
I have a plan are you on twitter I will write a tweet to Microsoft,windows and surface saying convince my friend getting a surface and to prove your point you can make a PowerPoint or a slideshow something to prove your point. Then if they reply is it will be nice if they will be able to convince you. Something similar happened few months they convinced a girl to buy surface lets see if they can convince you