By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

NobleTeam360 said:
Wright said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Yay!!!!!!!! Project Spark is wining now!!!

YEEEEAH!

:-O you dare mock me!!!!

What?! I WANT PROJECT SPARK TO WIN!

Around the Network
Wright said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wright said:
NobleTeam360 said:

YEEEEAH!

:-O you dare mock me!!!!

What?! I WANT PROJECT SPARK TO WIN!

NobleTeam360 said:

Boooo!  KSR all the way >.<

Damn that tourney is getting tough to vote for....
I'm getting projet spark for sure since it's free.... ans i know what to expert it's like lbp ans minecraft having a baby and he shoots up steroid...
I still don't understand why peeps compare it to lbp on those 2 other post... it is far and beyond anything lbp is capable of.... and when I see people saying it will be harder to get into than minecraft I wonder why.... I loathe minecraft art style... it's a big retro gaming editing sand box... on project spark you can also jump in in scenario... kind of SP tutorial mode that looks way better and easy to get use to than minecraft...
If people just give it a chance they'll realize it is just as easy to get use to....
And more complicated???? I'm no programmer but I was doing if > then function back in junior high on my calculator and it was way more abstract than that....

Now ksr looks like it will be a lot of fun.... and will be the first full Kinect 2 game I believe.... but I'm not sure yet I will get it day one... it looks great and all but I want something bigger more ambitious for the Kinect 2 killer app....
Not enough sports for a full retail game IMO... they should have included Kinect sport 1 and 2 + dlc remastered (just tweaked to Kinect 2) IMO now that would have been a blockbuster a la Mario kart for Kinect owners....

So I'm voting for spark

I'm buying BOTH X and Y. I gotta catch em all, after all. xD I voted for Spark. I'm very interested in that one ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

NOOOOOO! How could you guys not vote for KSR :( lol

JayWood2010 said:
NOOOOOO! How could you guys not vote for KSR :( lol

Either way, it was bound to lose in the next round!

I would buy Pokemon if I had a 3DS : actually those 2DS look appealing, given I never plan to take it out anywhere. Anyone tried one? How much do they retail for in the UK?

Here is some Excerpts:
Will the SmartGlass app itself have any type of multitasking features?
WHITTEN: Xbox SmartGlass is the optimal multitasking companion for Xbox One. You can easily access the Xbox OneGuide to see what’s on TV and change channels, keep up with what your friends are doing on Xbox, view GameDVR clips, view achievements and challenges, and snap apps on your Xbox One directly from your phone or tablet.

Is the console region-free, or just the software?
WHITTEN: Neither the console or the software have any region locks.

Will I be able to use the Xbox One's Kinect to scan in codes (QR codes)? Like for Xbox live subscriptions, avatar gear, or pre-order bonus for weapons or map packs?
WHITTEN: Yes, this is something we really like and you’ll see us use it for a variety of digital offerings and more.

Q: What happens day one when I buy the system? I bring it home, plug it into my TV and outlet then what? I realize there is going to be a setup for my TV, my language, etc. Can I just bring my profile over on a flash drive? Do I have to recover my profile over Xbox Live?
WHITTEN: There is a quick setup to get your system connected and up-to-date. After that, getting your profile is as simple as entering your account’s email address and password.

Will I be able to get pre-order bonuses and special edition versions on digitally downloaded games?
WHITTEN: Yes! You’ll see more details here in the future.

Will Xbox One have any TV DVR functionality? Or is the DVR just for games?
WHITTEN: It’s easy to use your current DVR with Xbox One. Our focus is on making the TV experience great – with favorite channels, voice control (including play, pause, fast forward and rewind with your DVR) and more. This is an area where you’ll see us drive more innovation over the years to come.

Do I need to download demos, or can I stream them?
WHITTEN: Just like regular games, Xbox One allows you to start playing while the game continues to download.

Since Kinect must be plugged in for the Xbox One to function, what happens if your Kinect breaks? Like if it falls off the top of your TV onto a hardwood floor or something? Will the console cease to function?
WHITTEN: Xbox One is designed to work with Kinect plugged in. It makes gaming better in many ways – from the ability to say “Xbox On” and get right to your personalized homescreen, to the ability to control your TV through voice, Smartglass and more. Kinect allows you to search for your content, instantly move between games and your personalized dash and more with just your voice. Kinect helps you pick up and play by automatically knowing which controller you have in your hands. No more need to interrupt your friends game or navigate through multiple UI screens to sign in and tell the system which controller you are holding. It will even bind the controller to the console if its currently unbound – no searching for special buttons! Of course – these are just a few of the system wide benefits of having Kinect. Games use Kinect in a variety of amazing ways from adding voice to control your squad mates to adding lean and other simple controls beyond the controller to full immersive gameplay. That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

^^ Good interview, I foresee myself using my tablet much more once I get an X1 (Dat smartglass integration!)