By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JayWood2010 said:

Undead Labs reveals new sales milestone for open-world zombie game; DLC news teased.

Third-person zombie game State of Decay has now sold more than 1 million copies, up from 500,000 in June, developer Undead Labs announced today. This figure includes Xbox 360 and Steam Early Access sales, the developer said.

"We are humbled by your continuing support and enthusiasm for the ideas in State of Decay," Undead Labs said in a statement. "Your encouragement drives us to keep working and keep improving. You got us here with your energy, your feedback, and your telling your friends about us. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and brains."

Undead Labs also said it is "so close" to having news to share about the first downloadable content pack for State of Decay. No further information about the expansion was announced.

For more on State of Decay, check out GameSpot's review.

can't wait to see what they come up with nex for XB... especially with a higher budget.... the concept is freaking amazing and for an indie game the execution is one of the best I have seen for such an ambitious game (not a 2D scroller or some dumb variation of the same old RPG format with different text and item naming)...
can't wait on the next season of the walking dead game too

Around the Network

For anyone that's interested Minecraft 360 Edition has a new texture pack called "plastic texture pack" for $1

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Plastic-Texture-Pack/81834c2c-9a04-4bdb-adc5-4d8399e99bc7?cid=SLink

I think it makes the game look quite wonderful! Very visually pleasing!

What is the best Xbox One Game Tournament

Forza 5 vs Halo 5

Crimson Dragon    
The Division    The Division
Ryse: Son of Rome    Destiny
Destiny    
Halo    
Forza 5    
Project Spark    
Kinect Sports Rivals    
Quantum Break    
Dead Rising 3    
TitanFall    
Metal Gear Solid 5    
Final Fantasy XV    
Asassin's Creed IV    
Killer Instinct    
Sunset Overdrive    

I'm buying a Xbox One in 2014, but I pre-ordered Dead Rising 3 today  o/

Wright said:

well at least you will get to look at the case haha

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Wright said:

well at least you will get to look at the case haha

The Day One version brings exclusive content. That's why I was forced to preorder xD

A cool T-shirt (I don't know the size, though, that's totally random o.O) for me with the Dead Rising logo, and two sweet costumes (plus their respective techniques) of the two other main characters:

Rare creative director says game will appeal to new users years after launch in a similar way to popular Wii titles.

Kinect Sports Rivals could be the Xbox One's version of Wii Sports orMario Kart for Wii--a game with enduring appeal--Rare Ltd.'s creative director Simon Woodroffe told OXM in a new interview.

"We think--well, we hope--that this is the sort of game that's still one of the first things that anyone who buys an Xbox One gets even two or three years from now," Woodrooffe said. "Sort of like Wii Sports and Mario Kart for the Wii."

Kinect Sports Rivals stands to have a long tail, Woodrooffe said, due in part to its presentation style.

"Our visual aesthetic, our graphics, are quite evergreen, they're not going to date--it's got that sort of Pixar-style look to it," he said. "We're trying to make something that's still relevant to consumers as the audience shifts away from the core early adopters to the mainstream gamers--it's still a relevant experience for them. And of course for them it's even better value because there's more things going on, there's a history there that they can get involved in."

Kinect Sports Rivals is a follow-up to 2010's Kinect Sports for Xbox 360. The game was originally slated to launch this holiday on Xbox One, but wasdelayed this summer to spring 2014. It features six minigames that require motion control: climbing, wake racing, soccer, bowling, tennis, and target shooting.

Wright said:

That is awesome!  Atta Girl (guy)!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Xbox one has so many top aaa games on disc coming in its first year i cant wait. I cant remember a more exciting launch first year. Even snes wasn't this interesting.

i really cant wait for zoo tycoon, and quantum break. And halo 5 to finish off next year. Amazing

Project Spark Recap