By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

allblue said:
Could any Brit around here give me a pointer towards a good 360 deal? I'm just looking to play a few console exclusives like gears of war, red dead redemption etc so thought I would get my self an early Xmas present. I don't care much about next gen at this point in time as I already have a powerful gaming rig.

I'm hoping around £100 deal (I don't mind buying a good secondhand) or no more than £150 as I can't afford to spend much. I'm just looking for a general pointer as I admittedly have never been a console gamer.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't know of any deals yet but my advice would be to wait till the holidays if you can, with PS3 being cheaper, WiiU, X1 and PS4, there will have to be amazing deals for 360.

Around the Network
Seece said:
allblue said:
Could any Brit around here give me a pointer towards a good 360 deal? I'm just looking to play a few console exclusives like gears of war, red dead redemption etc so thought I would get my self an early Xmas present. I don't care much about next gen at this point in time as I already have a powerful gaming rig.

I'm hoping around £100 deal (I don't mind buying a good secondhand) or no more than £150 as I can't afford to spend much. I'm just looking for a general pointer as I admittedly have never been a console gamer.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't know of any deals yet but my advice would be to wait till the holidays if you can, with PS3 being cheaper, WiiU, X1 and PS4, there will have to be amazing deals for 360.

That makes perfect sense actually, ill definitely wait it out as my budget would be more flexible around December. 

Thanks

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Gents!! I am a tad late to enter this conversation but wanted to say i am excited for the X1. I am in Australia and I got me a Day one edition console with FIFA 14 free and Watch Dogs deluxe and Dead rising 3 ready to go! I am EXCITED.

good news for dead rising fans. polygon has an article stating that the tgs demo is running with constant 30fps now (also in co-op mode). not sure if it was already like that for some weeks but at gamescom it had still some bad framerate issues.

article:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/20/4750936/dead-rising-3s-tgs-demo-shows-fixed-framerate-and-co-op-freedom

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168947

Killer Instinct: ORCHID revealed! And Sadira gameplay.

Around the Network
Seece said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168947

Killer Instinct: ORCHID revealed! And Sadira gameplay.

COO Kevin Turner says figure is a "giant change" from when Xbox Live originally launched; 42 percent of users in the US watch 30 hours of digital TV and movies per month.

Almost 40 percent of the Xbox Live "audience" in the United States is female, Microsoft COO Kevin Turner revealed this week during the company's financial analysts meeting 2013.
It is not clear how Microsoft qualifies "audience" in this context. A Microsoft spokesperson was not immediately available to comment.

Turner said this 40 percent figure represents a "giant change" from when Xbox Live was originally introduced, though no specific numbers were provided.
Also during the presentation, Turner reiterated that Xbox Live has 48 million members in 41 countries. In addition, he revealed that 42 percent of Xbox Live subscribers in the U.S. watch 30 hours of digitally distributed TV and movies every month.

In 2012 alone, Turner said the Xbox platform delivered over 18 billion hours of entertainment globally.
Looking ahead to the Xbox One, Turner said the system is poised to have a successful launch.

"And we're excited about the upcoming Xbox One launch. We believe we've got an incredible offering with Xbox One as it relates to multiplayer experiences and services," Turner said. "It's going to give you--we've wrapped a lot of entertainment with the product as well, and we believe we've got our strongest game lineup, and the external pundits say it as well, that we've ever had to be able to offer as a company.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft- ... us-6414785

kowenicki said:
Ryse

This thing is getting interesting.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169007

Ryse: Son of Rome looks beautiful and feels slick. It may just be one of the Xbox One's "killer apps".

Tucked away behind the closed curtains of the "Adults-Only" section at Microsoft's Tokyo Game Show booth was a new playable demo of Crytek's upcoming Roman-tastic action RPG: Ryse: Son of Rome. I got a chance to try out a co-op arena survival scenario, playing together with a Microsoft rep who was much better at the game than I.

You may recall that in my Deep Down preview earlier this week, I described the combat as "clunky". Thankfully, there's none of that to be had in Ryse, as combos flowed naturally, the control scheme felt great, and the combat was nice and smooth.

The simple light attack, light attack, heavy attack combo that is present in just about every action RPG ever served me quite well, but I was able to easily experiment with dodges, blocks, and special attacks to vary up the combat. Pulling off combos feels good, and rewarding, without being overly punishing if you mess up. Anyone who has ever played God of War will feel right at home.

The quizzical "quick-time-events-that-aren't-really-quick-time-events" we saw last time we checked out the game were notably absent. Instead, when an enemy is ready to be finished, a skull appears above his head. Pressing any button while next to him initiates a finishing move.

Playing in co-op reminds me of another "of war" game: Gears of War. When your partner is downed, you have to run over and help him back up, and in the scenario I played, there were several mini-boss enemies that are much easier to take down if you work in tandem (one player distracts him while the other attacks). There didn't appear to be any co-op specific special moves, but some of the regular special moves (such as the AoE stun) work great when you have a partner.

If Crytek are known for one thing, it's making absolutely beautiful games, and Ryse is no exception. I confirmed that it was actually running on an Xbox One (as the Titanfall guys made the rather cheeky decision to be running the PC version at TGS), and was blown away by how beautiful the world was. Not only that, the little things, such as blood splatter and these beautiful "meaty" sound effects really helped paint a clear picture of the world around you.

The arena demo was a great way to showpiece the strong points of the game: its combat and its visuals, rather than the somewhat weak story that was showcased in the earlier demo. Enemies felt distinct, you were given a lot of toys to play with, and the "boss battle" I experienced was challenging, but not frustrating. At the end of the demo, I hungered for more, which is definitely a good sign. I was quite thoroughly entertained.

Read more at  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128035-Ryse-Son-of-Rome-Hands-On-Preview-Are-You-Not-Entertained#UgMkJMQxVjmB844q.99

Isn't TGS going on right now? I thought MS were going to announce a few things during it?

yo_john117 said:
Isn't TGS going on right now? I thought MS were going to announce a few things during it?

yeah i was thinking the same thing last night.  I dont know.