By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii NA sales plunge, can anyone give me an explanation why?

Probably cause some supplies that were normally allocated to America on this week were allocated to Japan. However though I see that theory as unlikely as why didn't Europe/Other lose allocations. I think we are undertracking sales in America for Wii. Or overtracking in Europe/Other.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
isn't Wii region locked? How can they shift all those units on a weekly basis?

Most likely, they can just choose the proportion of consoles to produce with each region code. That gives them the correct number of Wiis they want to ship to each region during that week, then they just have to package them accordingly which should be the easiest part.

With a little bit of planning, it should be really easy and cost effective to be able to dynamically change the number of Wiis produced for each region.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Kayanator said:
Desroko said:
Kayanator said:
But if Wii's were diverted for the SSBB Japanese launch then why are European sales consitently near double than North American sales for the wii?

You should check that math, friend. 90,000 x 2 =/= 150,000.

Hence why I said "near"

It's not near, either. 180K is 20% greater than 150K. Nor was last week's others data of 120K anywhere "near" twice the Americas sales of 111K.

Desroko said:
Kayanator said:
Desroko said:
Kayanator said:
But if Wii's were diverted for the SSBB Japanese launch then why are European sales consitently near double than North American sales for the wii?

Hence why I said "near"

It's not near, either. 180K is 20% greater than 150K. Nor was last week's others data of 120K anywhere "near" twice the Americas sales of 111K.

20% is near. Everything under 25% is near.

Kayanator said:
Desroko said:
Kayanator said:
Desroko said:
Kayanator said:

Hence why I said "near"

20% is near. Everything under 25% is near.

Not even close to being true. Plus, you're strangely quiet about last week's results. I bolded them for yor convenience. That's some "consistency."

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Wii fad is FINALLY over!

Wii fad will be over in 8 years

Soriku said:
Wii fad is FINALLY over!

if the wii is a fad then what is the 360/ps3 their doing worse then the wii on an weekly basics?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

TheBigFatJ said:

Also, there is no strong signs of a ression. The ISM index was low, which means that supplies used in service industries were purchased less than usual. This doesn't indicate a recession, this indicates the opinion that a recession may be looming. And if you look at the US media, the opinion is undeniable.

It's much more than the ISM. The housing bubble has imploded, Wall Street is taking a beating, banks are declaring hundreds of billions of losses, lots of people are losing their homes, etc. Job growth has been terrible, especially recently.

That said, the recession shouldn't affect the game market. Mass media always does well during downturns - people want escape.

Not sure why the Wii was so low - probably just a weekly blip. 

Sherlock99 said:
Soriku said:
Wii fad is FINALLY over!

if the wii is a fad then what is the 360/ps3 their doing worse then the wii on an weekly basics?

So you do know that soriku is kidding right.

^soriku was joking
after all, Soriku is a Wii fan