By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

I LOOOOOVE how mad some people get. All I did was quote VGChartz numbers and people are getting angry.

"ZOOOMG THIS IS SPAM!" I see threads like this all the time for the Wii. Its a first (or atleast the first time ive seen it) so I thought it was topic worthy.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
I still love the fact it took the PS3 two price cuts, 4 skus to get to this point. It's a good start, but believe you me, it's a long, long, LONG road ahead.

makes me laugh when people use that line.

360 easily has the better library, support, and is STILL cheaper after the ps3 price cuts. yet it cant even shake off the ps3.

sony did what they had to do to stay in the game, and it worked. microsoft thought they knew how to kill of sony, but are failing at the moment. now the already cheaper and game rich 360 needs to be EVEN more cheaper to beat the more expensive and inferior game library of the ps3.

I think that 360 probably saw its best year last year with most of its really great games [minus GTA4 which is shared] coming out last year and the price cut in its thrid Christmas.

This post Christmas trend is probably a sign of things to come considering this should prob be Sony's biggest year or at least bigger than last when they kept pace with 360. I think this generation will most likely have have a very clear cut first, second and third.

DOATS1 said:
madskillz said:
I still love the fact it took the PS3 two price cuts, 4 skus to get to this point. It's a good start, but believe you me, it's a long, long, LONG road ahead.

360 easily has the better library, support, and is STILL cheaper after the ps3 price cuts. yet it cant even shake off the ps3.

sony did what they had to do to stay in the game, and it worked. microsoft thought they knew how to kill of sony, but are failing at the moment. now the already cheaper and game rich 360 needs to be EVEN more cheaper to beat the more expensive and inferior game library of the ps3.

That's true, if it's 60k now, it's gonna be in the hundreds when MGS4 and GT5 is released.

What is more interesting is to see how everyone always mentions NA as the first gaming market and it was outsold by others by more than 15% in terms of hardware this week..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
Zeo_842 said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Holy fuck! PS3 is outselling the X360 by 10k... No way!... Now it will only take 2203 weeks before the PS3 overtakes the X360!... PS3 domination starts now!...

Why isn't this thread closed yet?... 10k is within the margin that i consider to be under the 'who fuckin cares, stuff happens' category.

Once Japan numbers come in it should have outsold it WW this week by 60k+. After the PS3 had a rough year and things are looking up, why not celebrate?

Y, it's good for PS3!... But 1 week doesn't mean someone has to make a thread about how the X360 fails bigtime and the PS3 triumphs!

Dude, there are people who make threads about it when Wii is outsold 1 week by X360/PS3 in 1 region, and they say: 'here, i said this was gonna happen! Wii fad is over! PS3/X360 domination starts now'...

And that's just plain stupid!... 10k (around 60 with Japan) isn't that much if you consider that the X360 has been doing slightly better the last X weeks before this one, so why bother, 1 week doesn't mean the X360 is dead in a hartbeat!... That's what im just saying, numbers fluctuate, it's just normal for systems to sometimes sell more then their competitors'. Hell, even Gamecube was close to PS2 sometimes in weekly sales, you won't see me making a fuzz about that!... 

I suppose you have a point. It'd be best to make a thread when X System has outsold Y System for a few weeks in a row by a considerable amount. Unfortunately for you, expect a lot of these threads throughout the year.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

Why do people keep talking about 2 price cuts? It was only one, 40 gb minus 100 en 80 gb minus 100. Or do you mean two pricecuts, one with each sku?

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

madskillz said:
PS3 outsold the 360 WW for another week - cool. To say it's dominating? Not so much. I still see a 7M console lead for the 360 - and right now, the PS3 is only leading by 10K. Even with a huge boost, it's like 50K-75K lead. Big deal. It's still 7M behind the 360, and 11M behind the Wii.

Let spring settle in - if the PS3 is still beating the 360, then and only then will I believe that the PS3 has turned the corner.

HAHAHAHAHA is this guy funny to anyone else?

DOATS1 said:
madskillz said:

Lol, I completely agree.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

@Kratos they consider the 40gig replacing the 60gig it makes no sense. spinning numbers to criticize the console