By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core exclusives Sony (PS3) Vs MS (X360).

areason said:
sth88 said:
areason said:
sth88 said:
[snip]

2) Even when we add console exclusives to the Xbox side, there are still clearly more controller-based exclusives on the PS3 side, and many of them are unquestionably high quality games. So why have I not switched over to PS3 as my main console? Because there are a couple of issues that a large quantity of games is not able to solve:

a) Money. Just because Sony puts out more 1st party games doesn't mean I have the money to buy them all, AND still buy the 3rd-party games that I want. Sometimes a 3rd-party game will take priority for me over any 1st-party game that is available at the time. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be buying any more 1st-party games if I were a PS3 owner.

b) Appeal of the games. Many of Sony's high-quality games simply don't appeal to me, or else don't have as strong an appeal as some of Microsoft's games. Out of all those controller-based games on the Sony side, only about 4 or so are games I'd actually be interested in buying (Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain), and I'd still rather have Halo: Reach and Halo 4 than any of those four PS3 exclusives. And it's not just Halo; Fable 3 and Alan Wake appeal to me more than God of War 3, even though God of War has more impressive visuals and got a better Metacritic score.

LOL, a large quantity of games helps you make better decisions in order to truly get your mony's worth. It aids your usage of money. 

Having a larger selection of first party games to choose from is all well and good, but it doesn't translate to "aiding the usage of my money" if I'm not interested in what they have to offer (see point 2b[EDIT] in my post above).  As it stands now, Microsoft makes more games that I am interested in than Sony does, even though Sony makes more games overall.  Therefore, the larger selection of 1st-party Sony games does nothing for me, because I'm not interested enough in what they have, and even if I was I don't have the money to really take advantage of their selection.

Yes nullifieng point your first point. Thanks for the help 

First of all, I meant to say "see point 2b", I have edited that now.

Second, my first point (meaning 2a here) is not nullified.  Perhaps I should make myself more clear.  I've got nothing against having a larger quantity of 1st-party titles (why would I, there's nothing wrong about that), but it doesn't do me a whole lot of good when I don't have any more money to spend on them.  Let's say, hypothetically, after factoring the must-have third-party titles that I will get no matter what in a given year, I have enough money to spend on 3 first-party games.  Sony comes out with 7 titles that year, while Microsoft only makes 3.  I have a bigger selection to choose from on the Sony side, but practically speaking I'm only able to consider the best 3 Sony games because that's all I could afford to purchase anyway.

Now, point 2b comes into play.  Having decided out of the pool of 7 Sony games which 3 I consider to be in the running for my money, I compare them to the 3 Xbox games available, and I find that I like the Xbox games better.  So I ultimately wind up picking Xbox.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
That's crazy! I guess that's why the PS3 surpassed the 360.

Eh, the list is kinda skewed, but you're right. 

The Wii list is too big.

The ps4 has more games that you can't get on x1 than vice versa...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164826&page=1#

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

naruball said:
DarthVolod said:

Just noticed that some of those PS3 games are on Vita as well so they don’t count (if we use the logic of the creator of the list that defines an exclusive as “only playable on that system and nothing else”)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly Cooper 4, Ratchet Full Frontal, Dragon’s Crown all have Vita ports.

Also, there are a number of games as well with Vita versions that are incredibly similar to the PS3 versions. The MLB the Show games come to mind. Little Big Planet on Vita, and Mod Nation Racers Vita are different enough to claim they are unique games, but they are incredibly similar.

Please do some research before posting. Have you played the game? In what game are they similar? Should some Mario games not be considered exclusives becaue they're very similar to previous Mario games? What about COD games?

Actually, I think one could make the argument (others here have as well) that New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U are almost the same game in most respects. I didn't say that Little Big Planet Vita was the same game, but it is so close it could be considered an alternative.

Around the Network
DarthVolod said:
naruball said:

Please do some research before posting. Have you played the game? In what game are they similar? Should some Mario games not be considered exclusives becaue they're very similar to previous Mario games? What about COD games?

Actually, I think one could make the argument (others here have as well) that New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U are almost the same game in most respects. I didn't say that Little Big Planet Vita was the same game, but it is so close it could be considered an alternative.

So, have you actually played it?

naruball said:
DarthVolod said:
naruball said:

Back when I still had my vita I did. I still have the game along with about 6 other games for when I eventually buy it again when it gets a special edition bundle or something.

I also played the original LBP for PS3, but I never played LBP 2.

DarthVolod said:
naruball said:
DarthVolod said:

Back when I still had my vita I did. I still have the game along with about 6 other games for when I eventually buy it again when it gets a special edition bundle or something.

I also played the original LBP for PS3, but I never played LBP 2.

Fair enough. In that case, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.