By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid compilation for PS2

So if this is coming in March...Does that mean MGS4 is due out in July/August?? I mean you need a few months for that to sell and hype the game right? Or is that too long of a time frame?

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
@CDiablo:

I'm not sure what you mean. Twin Snakes is a remake of MGS1; MGS2 is not involved.

Was The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 included with Substance? If that is the case, there is no way I can resist purchasing this...

I have not played the GC version all the way through but the back says:

"Two of the greatest games of all time Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty are fused together to form the Nintendo Gamecube Classic Metal Gear Solid:The Twin Snakes."

I always thought that both games were on the GC version cause there are 2 Disks.

Edit: And after further review I am wrong. Its just a redone version of Part 1. The fusion is the addition of some of the weapons/abilities Snake has in 2 are useable in the remake. 

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

So, PS2 really doesn't wanna die, does it?... Damn, it's getting some nice game(compilation(s)).

THE NETHERLANDS

@CDiablo:

Ah, I see. Basically, what they mean is that they implemented many of the gameplay features (and improved graphics) from MGS2 into MGS1 as part of the remake. The game itself is still MGS1 only.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

CDiablo said:
GooseGaws said:
@CDiablo:

I'm not sure what you mean. Twin Snakes is a remake of MGS1; MGS2 is not involved.

Was The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 included with Substance? If that is the case, there is no way I can resist purchasing this...

I have not played the GC version all the way through but the back says:

"Two of the greatest games of all time Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty are fused together to form the Nintendo Gamecube Classic Metal Gear Solid:The Twin Snakes."

I always thought that both games were on the GC version cause there are 2 Disks.

Seriously?... I thought (i don't own the game, so im not sure) that the gamecube MGS was a remake of the PS1 version. Which would be metal gear solid 1 only.

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I would get that!

I'll level with you, I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game before, but with this i could play the first 3 and maybe get excited about the 4th one coming out sometime this year.

@coolestguyever:

Not only that, but Subsistence includes Metal Gear 1 and 2, so you can start from the very beginning.

Hates Nomura.

When I was checking for games yesterday I saw this

Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Essentials-Collection/dp/B001383L36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1202257062&sr=1-3

I was going to add it to the database but then I saw this

Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary: Metal Gear Solid Collection
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7073

and just added the u.s release date to it. Is it the same thing or what?

OMG the 3 MGS games i don't own and they are all packaged into 1. WOW

definitely buying if true.

I got MGS2,MGS3,MGS:PO

Kind of stupid to release it for PS2 though, as it can't actually be played on a PS3.

@Devilstation:

This is just a repackaging of games that have already been released, not a remake of any kind.

Hates Nomura.