By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The Last of Us another case of undertracked PS3 exclusive?

It seems to be a trend at vgchartz. For years, they refused to update the sales of GT5. Even now, GoW3 and the Uncharted games are undertracked.

And TLoU sits at 2.15M when Sony announced that it passed the 3M mark (admittedly with a few days more of sales)?

Around the Network

I think nearly all games are either over or undertracked regardless of the system.

sure is!

i think it was 3.4 million shipped though and there is the digital downloads to think about, but yea seems under tracked by a small amount.

HikenNoAce said:

It seems to be a trend at vgchartz. For years, they refused to update the sales of GT5. Even now, GoW3 and the Uncharted games are undertracked.

And TLoU sits at 2.15M when Sony announced that it passed the 3M mark (admittedly with a few days more of sales)?

Didn't the 3 million included digital, shipped and sold through?

Around the Network

All games are tracked badly especially when digital putchases are thrown in to the mix, people just like/dislike the guestimates used based in how it sits personally for them.

To be more blunt
sony fan: tlou has sold 3mill+
ms fan: tlou has sold 2.1mill (sales va shipped, digital added on etc)
nintendo fan: just wait till nintendo get around to releasing our systems sellers... youll see..

sony fan: mario sucks
ms fan: mario sucks
nintendo fan: mario rocks

sony fan: halo is so lame, whats it on now? 7?
ms fan: halo is the bomb, bring me more
nintendo fan: you wouldnt know a good game if it fathered you

and so the arguments continue until the ends of time.

Nsanity said:
HikenNoAce said:

Didn't the 3 million included digital, shipped and sold through?

It did. And depending on the number of digital sales, they are a little under tracked. Significant enough number for a thread? Probably not. A few hundred thousand maybe but not half a million probably. I'm thinking upwards of 2 million or so sold retail and digital.

HikenNoAce said:

2.15 million is where the game stands a week and a half ago, so it's probably at about 2.3-2.5 million now. Plus Sony often announces shipped units, and units sold.

Why do you think Uncharted is undertracked? I've heard people complain about God of War, but never Uncharted.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
HikenNoAce said:

2.15 million is where the game stands a week and a half ago, so it's probably at about 2.3-2.5 million now. Plus Sony often announces shipped units, and units sold.

Why do you think Uncharted is undertracked? I've heard people complain about God of War, but never Uncharted.

beause in aprile 2012 sony announced that the uncharted series shipped 17.32 million units. VGC had them at 14M at the same time. the uncharted series being undertraced is pretty much a fact

Nyleveia said:
All games are tracked badly especially when digital putchases are thrown in to the mix, people just like/dislike the guestimates used based in how it sits personally for them.

To be more blunt
sony fan: tlou has sold 3mill+
ms fan: tlou has sold 2.1mill (sales va shipped, digital added on etc)
nintendo fan: just wait till nintendo get around to releasing our systems sellers... youll see..

sony fan: mario sucks
ms fan: mario sucks
nintendo fan: mario rocks

sony fan: halo is so lame, whats it on now? 7?
ms fan: halo is the bomb, bring me more
nintendo fan: you wouldnt know a good game if it fathered you

and so the arguments continue until the ends of time.

Those are very general comments......

I would consider myself an ms fan, since I own more 360 games then anything else, and I don't like Halo either. Not because they make so many, but because they crank out new Halo's before they can think of a proper plot.

I mean when Halo 4 was announced, they announced it was a part of a new trilogy, and I feel plotwise, Halo 4 <<<<<<<<< Halo 1-3 + Reach. The games just have no plot anymore, they used to be comparable to Metroid Prime storywise, but now.....

Plus some of the new enemies in Halo 4 are just stupid. You're literally shooting dogs in the face for the majority of the game. When did Master Cheift become the Supervisor of Alien Animal Control?

----

Also for the Nintendo fan, a lot of people don't realize how good XenoBlade Chronicles is.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results