Forums - Gaming Discussion - Banjo vs Mario vs Conker vs R&C vs Jak

Best 3D platformer

Banjo & Kazooie 14 13.73%

Conker 9 8.82%

Mario 43 42.16%

Jak & Daxter 10 9.80%

Ratchet & Clank 26 25.49%

Total:102

With the recent best traditional 2D platformer thread what do you believe is the best 3D platformer.

Banjo & kazooie
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Mario
Conker

Personally I'm going to say Conker because Bad Fur Day is one of my all time favorite games.  Banjo & Kazooie is a close 2nd for me :)

Around the Network

Mario > whatever

I can not comment on Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, but compared to everything else, Mario seems like the buff, mature cat fighting against a pack of kittens. (Just let that picture sink in... or don't. It is kind of weird.)

Boutros said:
Mario > whatever

Mario is certainly more popular than all the others combined and I know he will win but in terms of quality they are all very similar.  All of them has titles with above a 90 on metacritic.  And all of them has plenty of hardcore fans as well.  Considering that people has been begging for a Jak, Conker, and Banjo sequel for years now we know they are popular.  R&C and Mario still get frequent installments and also has a crowd.

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, no doubt. Still holds up to this day. On the other hand, Super Mario 64 has aged poorly.

If RARE made Banjo Threeie for the Xbox One, the Xbox One would have the ultimate killer app! Lol

Around the Network

I would say Mario 64, banjo Tooie and conker

Jak and Daxter is the only answer. Each entry in the series has a different feel so theres something for everyone.

1st is a mario 64 style
2nd takes ques from GTA
3rd combines both with a focus on vehicles

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Conker BFD and the Live and Reloaded remake are probably the most charming games I've ever played. Conker is also probably the coolest video game character ever, a sarcastic smoking and drinking squirrel that pees on fire imps and fights a giant singing poo.

JayWood2010 said:

what do you believe is the best 3D latformer.

This is the best lat former imo

BasilZero said:

As much as I love mario - Banjo Kazooie and Tooie is still the best 3D platformer experience I've had.

Mario I guess since BK is kinda dead T_T

Whatever happened to the series anyway? I recently had to dig up my N64 just so I could play the games again. A remake they deserve!