By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4's digital library lets you play your games anywhere & on anyone’s console

wait so the one cool feature microsoft had. Which they took away when they removed drm, sony come along and show its easy without drm. hahaha

Around the Network
superchunk said:
This is how you push people to digital only and thus no used game market. You make digital retail a far better option that physical retail. Make it cheaper with better features.

This is why it works on Android/iOS. Its cheap and easily usable on any device you log into.

This is how MS should have approached that philosophy on Xbone and likely how it will work now. But Sony is of course getting the positive buzz for this while MS is seeing as backpeddling.

MS could to matain all these features in digital content at the same time give the options to use the retail games like it is today.

So the best of the two worlds... retail games with offline play and digital games with online checks.

The player choose the best options for himself.

MS fucked that trying to make the transiction mandatory... I agree with you they need to give more and better options to user choose digital over retail.

yum123 said:
wait so the one cool feature microsoft had. Which they took away when they removed drm, sony come along and show its easy without drm. hahaha

You have to be signed into your account to play the game though. The family sharing thing was a little different but I'm still not completely sure what they mean by family sharing.

darkshadow23 said:
yum123 said:

You have to be signed into your account to play the game though. The family sharing thing was a little different but I'm still not completely sure what they mean by family sharing.

Yea I know that, but microsoft took it away with the removal of drm and this here just shows us they did that as a response to consumers for the backlash. rather immature 

my god ps4 gamers are hot.

Around the Network

I'm just guessing but my ideia to upgrade the HDD to SSD on PS4 is getting even better with all games (digital and retail) being installed and taking advantage over fastest reads.

I will to spend over $200 for sure in a SSD this time.

good incentive to go digital but i'm sticking to physical still. We all know physical games will remain far cheaper than their download versions.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

theprof00 said:
Jabbamk1 said:

So what the Xbox 360 has had for years....

Well good news is better than no news. And i guess the main feature here is the instant play function where you can play the game as you're downloading. 

PS3 has also had this for years....just fyi no need to bring xbox into this.

Not this exact feature. The PS3 had something similar but it was too restricting. This seems more like the Xbox 360 way of doing things. And that's good news. 

I'd rather have game sharing

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Not that big of a deal to me, since I always buy physical copies, but good for others.