By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS3 REALLY getting more AAA games than the 360 this year?

I took your list, removed all unannounced games (MotorStorm 2, Gears 2, Forza 3), bumped Halo Wars up to a likely AAA, because Ensemble Studios has a great track record, listed the major new IPs that I can think of for each console at the bottom, and labeled all the games that I think won't make it out until '09:

PS3:

Killzone 2 - Not AAA
Singstar - Not AAA
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Likely AAA
Tekken 6 - Possible AAA
Resistance 2 - Possible AAA
SOCOM: Confrontation - Not AAA
Gran Turismo 5 - Likely AAA - 2009
Final Fantasy XIII - Likely AAA - 2009

Total likely AAA titles: 3
Total possible AAA titles: 2

360:

Halo Wars - Likely AAA
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Likely AAA
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Likely AAA
Fable 2 - Not AAA - 2009
Banjo-Kazooie 3 - Likely AAA - 2009
Viva Pinata 2 - Not AAA - 2009

Total likely AAA titles: 4
Total possible AAA titles: 0

New IPs:

PS3:

LittleBigPlanet
White Knight Story
Haze (possibly timed exclusive)
inFamous - 2009

360:

Too Human
Lost Odyssey
Alan Wake (also on PC)
Infinite Undiscovery - 2009

Around the Network

You can twist it however you want, I count 8-4 Sony
But you have your opinions, and I have mine.
We will see who is right.

But 360 will have games this year, there is no question about it.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

How do you know halo wars will be AAA? Anyways we know you hate the ps3 - so go play your wii60 games and let us enjoy our better games like mgs4,gt5 and most of all ff13.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Also, I do expect Gerars 2 to be out this year to counter Resistance 2 (AAA), Haze (not AAA), and Killzone 2 (AAA). Microsoft can't sit by and see the FPS market (America) shift towards Sony's favor... can they?

You all have too little faith in Killzone 2. (AAA) IMO
Here is a news flash for you- it is not the first one. It has a dev budget of 50 million. I do expect this to be AAA, but barely. But there is no reason to expect a bad game, especially from what we have to go off of so far.

I understand the first game was not great- but it wasn't terrible. I look forward to Killzone 2 the most, flop or not.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
Also, I do expect Gerars 2 to be out this year to counter Resistance 2 (AAA), Haze (not AAA), and Killzone 2 (AAA). Microsoft can't sit by and see the FPS market (America) shift towards Sony's favor... can they?

Here is a news flash for you- it is not the first one. It has a dev budget of 50 million. I do expect this to be AAA, but barely. But there is no reason to expect a bad game, especially from what we have to go off of so far.

I understand the first game was not great- but it wasn't terrible. I look forward to Killzone 2 the most, flop or not.

I don't think so. They still have to finish up the UT3 360 port, and they usually announce new games at least a year and a half before release. UT3 was announced way back at E3 2005, with screens of a build that looked as good as the final game, yet it wasn't released until just a few months ago.

Around the Network

Since when was ninja gaiden and splinter cell consdered triple AAA?! We all know haze and lost odyssey have 8.5 written all over them.

ultraslick said:

Right on!  Anyways - like Ultra said it's not Kill Zone 1.  KZ1 was still a great game. The Multi player side wasn't the best - but given that most ps2 games online sucked - it still was good.  I really think some people put down games without playing them and regurgitate what others say.

I have played halo 1 and 2 and a bit of 3 and I don't like it. I hate that it's ultra real with Humans etc - then you have these little crappy comedic aliens who are annoying little shits.  Plus halo 3 gfx are not that great.  I get more fun and enjoy with Resistance in both game play and gfx.

In the end, KZ2 is going to be awesome.  The ps3 will be the FPS console in the future.  They already have the other genres- now it's time to take from MS it's most valued genre.  :D   

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

what about this:

system sellers:

ps3: 3

xbox 360: 1

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

finalsquall said:
ultraslick said:

Right on! Anyways - like Ultra said it's not Kill Zone 1. KZ1 was still a great game. The Multi player side wasn't the best - but given that most ps2 games online sucked - it still was good. I really think some people put down games without playing them and regurgitate what others say.

I have played halo 1 and 2 and a bit of 3 and I don't like it. I hate that it's ultra real with Humans etc - then you have these little crappy comedic aliens who are annoying little shits. Plus halo 3 gfx are not that great. I get more fun and enjoy with Resistance in both game play and gfx.

In the end, KZ2 is going to be awesome. The ps3 will be the FPS console in the future. They already have the other genres- now it's time to take from MS it's most valued genre. :D

I have high hopes for KZ2. The first had a lot of potential, and now that GG has become Sony 1st party, has quadrupled in size, has been given the assitance of Sony Cambridge, and has been given a $50+ mil. budget to top it all off, I can't see the game being as bad as the first.

It will at least be AA, imo.

doesn't surprise me