By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Super Tuesday Thread

If Hillary wins the Dem nomination then McInsane will win the election and drive the country off a cliff, the man admits he has no understanding of the economy and wants to leave us in Iraq for 100 year, probably will try and invade Iran as well

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

The latest results from The Associated Press in states voting in presidential contests Tuesday.

Races span half the country.

ALABAMA:

Mike Huckabee wins the GOP primary in Alabama.

ARKANSAS:

Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic primary in Arkansas.

Mike Huckabee wins the GOP primary in Arkansas.

CONNECTICUT:

John McCain wins the Republican primary in Connecticut.

DELAWARE:

John McCain wins the GOP primary in Delaware.

GEORGIA:

Barack Obama wins the Democratic primary in Georgia.

ILLINOIS:

John McCain wins the Republican primary in Illinois.

Barack Obama wins the Democratic primary in Illinois.

MASSACHUSETTS:

Mitt Romney wins the Republican primary in Massachusetts.

NEW JERSEY:

John McCain wins the Republican primary in New Jersey.

OKLAHOMA:

Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic primary in Oklahoma.

TENNESSEE:

Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic primary in Tennessee.

WEST VIRGINIA:

Mike Huckabee wins the Republican caucuses in West Virginia.

After reading this thread I have come to understand what I dislike about politics.

1) People hear outrageous propaganda and eat it up only to regurgitate it later so someone else can eat it up and continue the cycle ad nauseum.
2) Facts are twisted, and warped until they say what people want them to.
2) Everybody wants a candidate who will get things done but nobody is willing to allow a compromise on their issues. Everyone thinks they are precisely right and there is no two ways about it, anyone who thinks differently then them is an idiot.
3) People completely drop civility and respect for each other and instead take on a pompous and assuming attitude. Every time I talk politics with someone its as if I'm speaking with someone who believes themselves omniscient and if I don't take on the same facade I risk being trampled by arrogance.
4) Most of all I don't like the fact that to discuss politics I either have to do all of these things I've listed or my voice is drowned out.

It just feels like a room full of people and rather than talking one at a time we scream so that nobody is heard at all. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about the current political climate, and while everyone else is frustrated about this issue or that I'm frustrated that everyone is so damn intent on making sure their issue is dealt with first that nobody gets anything done.

I don't even know what the solution is to this clusertf@#& but I know nobody has the balls to get it done anyways so it doesn't matter.

/end rant

..dont mind me...

To Each Man, Responsibility

This could be the closest Democratic nomination in history.

Hilary is winning so far! Come on keep it going, just need 2 more states and its hilary for this win.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
After reading this thread I have come to understand what I dislike about politics.

1) People hear outrageous propaganda and eat it up only to regurgitate it later so someone else can eat it up and continue the cycle ad nauseum.
2) Everybody wants a candidate who will get things done but nobody is willing to allow a compromise on their issues. Everyone thinks they are precisely right and there is no two ways about it, anyone who thinks differently then them is an idiot.
3) People completely drop civility and respect for each other and instead take on a pompous and assuming attitude. Every time I talk politics with someone its as if I'm speaking with someone who believes themselves omniscient and if I don't take on the same facade I risk being trampled by arrogance.
4) Most of all I don't like the fact that to discuss politics I either have to do all of these things I've listed or my voice is drowned out.

It just feels like a room full of people and rather than talking one at a time we scream so that nobody is heard at all. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about the current political climate, and while everyone else is frustrated about this issue or that I'm frustrated that everyone is so damn intent on making sure their issue is dealt with first that nobody gets anything done.

I don't even know what the solution is to this clusertf@#& but I know nobody has the balls to get it done anyways so it doesn't matter.

/end rant

..dont mind me...

You've just figured this out now?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

North Dekota :

Obama

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Sqrl said:

/end rant

..dont mind me...

I think the thread's going fine. Mostly everything that's been said is truth. There's no propaganda or twisting of facts going on. Nobody's jumping down each others' throats. Now, if those DAMN HILLARY SUPPORTERS WOULD JUST ROT IN HELL this thread would be perfect :P

I Like Mike!

Sqrl said:

/end rant

..dont mind me...

I think you'd really enjoy reading The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.