By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Super Tuesday Thread

Desroko said:
Every Democratic member of Congress and governor is an unpledged delegate, actually. The Republicans and Democrats have the same proportion of unpledged delegates, roughly one-fifth.

The Republicans only have 120 or so Superdelegates out of 2,380 total delegates. That's 5%.

The 20% of Democrats are simply Superdelgates.

Unpledged delgates in the republican party are very different from Superdelgates. (to my knowledge)

Unpledged delegates are delgates selected in the primary, who don't have to vote for the guy who selected them. Though they technically don't have to vote for the guy who decided to vote them in. These "unpledged delegates" pretty much never do that unless their candidate can't win.

Basically it's a way for a candidate who has lost to use his "unpledged" delegates to get concessions from a candidate. Or a way to make states who backed a loser later back a winner.

Some states make all their delegates unpledged while others only choose some.  In either way it's basically a state power play. 

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm totally with you for being prepared. The last thing we need is for Iran to start waving nuclear bombs around without having some sort of plan to deal with it. I just don't want a premature war when there's still time to exercise other options is all.

So far Clinton is wiining by a little bit in delgates over obama...