By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA predicts 14 million Wiis WW for 2008.....

i think the ps3 is dead on and i think the wii is a little to short. ps3 will have a price drop and the blu-ray thing so sales will take off in USA once people realize its cheap it has all of xboxs games for 2008 and it doesnt break.

Around the Network

wii numbers are really low, come on ea you can do better than that

Hah! The Wii is just a fad. It will be lucky to sell 5 mil. outside of Japan, the country of stupid fads. Like the DS. That's a fad. Dual screens? Pfft. Stylus? Pfft. Fad. PSP ftw!

I WILL PUT THIS IN CAPITALS SO PEOPLE READ IT:
THESE NUMBERS ARE EAs PREDICTIONS FOR AMERICA + JAPAN ONLY! THEY DO NOT INCLUDE JAPAN.

And again, that being said, I think Wii is at least 2 million low if not 4-5, while PS3 is about 2 million high, because if you add 2 million-ish Japanese PS3s to their number then they are expecting 13-14 million PS3s WW, which is too high.

Lets see...

1.8 million Wii's per month being manufactured!

1.8x12 = 21.6 million Wii's a year.

Selling like 350k Wii's a week in Jan/Feb = 1.4 mil a month.

That leaves 0.4 million a month to ship extra for big games (hint: Super smash bros, WiiFit, Mario kart Wii).

And considering they don't ship all those 0.4 month they've got left they'll stockpile some of it for the holidays:

(I guess 5 months of 0.4, = 2 millon extra units).

Those 2 million extra units would be for October-December.

And all of that is about a sellthrough of 20+ Wii's in 2008!

So, there ya go: Wii at 40 mil by end of 2008. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

WHY CAN'T ANYONE READ WHAT TWROO IS SAYING? THEY DON'T INCLUDE JAPAN!!!!!

Taking this into account, their Wii prediction is pretty reasonable, although a bit low. Their PS3 prediction seems too high though.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Wow, a lot of dense people around here that have very poor reading comprehension. Learn what America + Europe only means.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

do these numbers include Japan nintendo_fanboy?

dnnc said:
TruckOSaurus said:
If it's only for Americas it think they are overestimating and if it's for worldwide I think they are underestimating... so either way they're wrong!!! But it's still good news for the Wii and 3rd party support.

predictions are for worldwide

nope; they state that it is for the West, so not including Japan, as EA doesn't really sell many games in Japan

still way low, though

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Me said:
do these numbers include Japan nintendo_fanboy?

Yes I think so.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)