By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA predicts 14 million Wiis WW for 2008.....

thekitchensink said:
EA was caught with it's pants down by Wii. Are they actually saying it will sell less than it did last year?

nice!

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

Wii sell this year between 20 - 25 millions
EA is wrong

If you read this on IGN (like I did) they just talk about Europe and USA, so that number doesn't take japan into consideration wich is a great market for Wii, even tough i think the number is still too smal and the number they give to PS3 is too big, it's just a couple of millions behind the Wii.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Way low! I may not be JL, but by my estimation I predict 30mil Wii's sold ww between Jan 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008. (Sold to retailers - so that my estimate can be compared to Nintendos fiscal resaults.)

Oh Gaawd!

Well first of all, there have been at least 3 threads made about this a few days ago.

Secondly, EA were only referring to Western sales alone, so that's America + Europe, it was not WW (please edit the OP to say this to help avoid confusion)

-----

Regarding the predictions they made, I think they have 360 pretty close to what I would guess (6-8 million) but I believe they underestimated Wii and overestimated PS3.
I thought their Europe PS3 number looked good [5.5-6.5 mil I believe] but they seemed to think that 360 and PS3 would be level in America [about 4.5 mil each] which just seems wrong.

The Wii number of 14 mil seems low too, I expect WW to be over 20 mil for 2008, but Japan will be unlikely to see 6 million Wii (probably close to 5mil) so for America + Europe I expect at least 16 million if not near 20 million.

Around the Network

I wonder what is EA's line up for the Wii this year.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

jheco05 said:
I wonder what is EA's line up for the Wii this year.

The same as every other console? :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Although I agree about EA's only must have title is potentially Heroes 2 (I say potentially cos I live in UK and haven't played it yet) - I think they've done well for the Wii so far.

They've given us SSX Blur, Godfather, both an original Sims and a new Sims (still prefer Sims castaway personally though), a very good fresh Maddens series, playable Tiger Woods. They're one of the few developers that seem to have a Wii online engine in place and I think they've released more Wii online games than any other third party so far.

They can now push on from these rushed early efforts and really deliver some special titles in 08 IMO - we know they invested a lot into wii development last year and were one of the first to admit they were wrong, have already announced a Wii Rockband for this year and we're gonna see the first Tiger Woods Wii version that actually has had a full year to be worked upon (online mode in this one?).

EA's early Wii support will prove valuable this year to them I feel, with these first efforts alone they shifted 4.98M units of Wii software (and titles like My Sims will continue to slowly rack up sales).

that numbers to small i think

ok, so the recognize the Wii as the 'winner'. But, only 14m WW for the year? EA please. It sold 17m in 2007 and its going to go up. Probably 22-25m in 2008 alone. Though the rest of their numbers are not that bad.