By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenogears whos played it? Is it still good today?

Looking for a good oldschool JRPG to play, I've nearly played them all except this one. For some reason this title kept slipping off my radar I've played the spiritual successors on the ps2 years ago but didnt like them much. 

Has anyone played this recently and can give me a good reason to try/ not try it?

Cheers.

Around the Network

well if like to long, long, long conversations.... try it

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
well if like to long, long, long conversations.... try it

As long as they are interesting conversations lol

BasilZero said:
Played it few years ago on my PSP.

Didnt finish it - but a really good RPG. I plan to get back into it again some time in the future.

Storyline is deep btw (from what I read at least ;p).

How far did you get? I read somewhere that the 2nd disc has HEAPS of dialog.

BasilZero said:
think-man said:
BasilZero said:
Played it few years ago on my PSP.

Didnt finish it - but a really good RPG. I plan to get back into it again some time in the future.

Storyline is deep btw (from what I read at least ;p).

How far did you get? I read somewhere that the 2nd disc has HEAPS of dialog.

Was still in the first disc.

If you arent a person who's heavily interested in the storyline - then the game may not be worth your while.

For me it was glorious cause it was still somewhat dialog heavy and I love stories in my RPGs ;)

I don't mind as long as its well translated and not poorly written. I do love a good story with deep history when its done right.

Around the Network

Played it when It came out on PS...It's awesome it was two disc on playstation...the first disc is amazing...also you can get in and out of your gear at anytime...but sometimes you don't have your gear...It's very mature by the way and heavy on religion...I thought that the flying city where your limiter is removed was one of the most stunning images on playstation..oh by the way the second disc drones one in a visual novel sort of way..but story is intersting and and goes back to gameplay at some point...and what s most awesome is that there is a sex scene before the final battle...

Wtf man? less talking and more reading playing!

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Played it when It came out on PS...It's awesome it was two disc on playstation...the first disc is amazing...also you can get in and out of your gear at anytime...but sometimes you don't have your gear...It's very mature by the way and heavy on religion...I thought that the flying city where your limiter is removed was one of the most stunning images on playstation..oh by the way the second disc drones one in a visual novel sort of way..but story is intersting and and goes back to gameplay at some point...and what s most awesome is that there is a sex scene before the final battle...

PS1 sex ^^ thats right up my alley!

I have played, these games don´t age well at all. But it is still good, like Grandia, but the wow factor is certainlly gone.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

One of my favorite JRPGs of all time.