By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA to Acquire AGEIA

NVIDIA to acquire AGEIA, heavy hitters of in-game physics technology (developers of PhysX). More details will be revealed at NVIDIA's quarterly conference on Feb 13 (amount of money involved and whatnot). All according to the press release.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Link me!

So what, nVidia will integrate PhysX into the Geforces now? That would be so cool.

cant wait.. i wonder if they will integrate it into the 9800GX2 or not.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2008/02/04/daily18.html

Wonder how much NVidia is ponying up for this.

Around the Network

Hopefully they will integrate their physics cards into the GeForce cards then, that would be great!

PC Gamer

No ssj12, they won't. The 9800GX2 is just two 8800 cards duct taped together. Nothing new.

Oh great, now I will/might upgrade my graphics card. Can you do that on laptops? :(

Hmm, if Nvidia start including the tech in their graphics cards it could solve the chicken/egg problem dedicated graphics chips have had in the past. ie. no-one buys the cards because of a lack of supporting software/ no-one writes supporting software 'cause no-one has bought the cards

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

fazz said:
No ssj12, they won't. The 9800GX2 is just two 8800 cards duct taped together. Nothing new.

you are clueless arent you? they have previews of the new architecture in the 8800GT asnd 8800GTS (G92-400)

the 9800GX2 is running on the newer G92-450 architexture which can handle DX10.1 and more advanced sharders. Plus its said that the cores will be 55nm so there is less heat so they are clocked way higher then the 8800Ultra.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453