By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 TIFF Exploit found: Hackers frothing at the mouth...

I don't think its that bad Zack. The PS1 and PS2 never seemed to suffer because of pirated software.

Around the Network
zackblue said:
Well this is terrible, they have already taken the wii and psp, since the ps3 is more hardcore than casual, this means software sales would die if they succeed. There own install base can actually kill them..

If they're successful in producing a soft mod this could be even worse because the concern about opening your system, damaging the hardware, and voiding your warantee would be gone...

@kytiara

Notice why I said The ps3 has an install base made of mostly hardcore gamers, not casual. The hardcore are usually up to date with this, casuals are not.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I'm amazed they already haven't cracked it.

Probably being extra careful due to them not wanting to brick a 400-600 machine.

@Zackblue

then why are xbox 360 software sales so good??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Interesting...when they mean TIFF, do they mean the picture format or something else?

Darth makes a fair case; 360 is easy to pirate software for but their sales are still high.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

PSP is imo a unique case....

I mean look at Monster Hunter Portable 2 on PSP

Still SELLING very nicely every week...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Dolla Dolla said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I'm sorry I don't understand these hacking/modding things much but

Is this really a STEP AHEAD...or is it just another small step

All hacks are taken with baby steps.

The next thing we might see pop up would be a Hello World app, the most famous "I hacked this awesome piece of hardware" application ever created.

Hehe, only if it's rendered in HD will 64 light sources and 1 million polygon+ text!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

my guess for why 360 sales are still so high, is because of Live. With a pirated copy on Live, your service can be shut off, which is probably enough to deter most software pirates.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)