By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU is a generation ahead the Wii.

Is the WiiU a generation ahead from the Wii

Yes, cause HD, RAM, GPU, online... 254 69.97%

No, cause I hate Nintendo. 30 8.26%

Chinese food is way bette... 79 21.76%

Total:363

All these threads and comments trying to put the WiiU down always ignore this fact: The WiiU is clearly a generation ahead from his predecessor, let us see:

1 - The WiiU has full HD graphics, from 720 to 1080, which the Wii could not even dare to produce.

2 - The WiiU processor is light years more powerfull than the Wii: It ran AC3, Mass Effect 3 and could even run GTA5, if they ported. The Wii could not even dream of that. Remember how far behind where the Wii versions of Call of Duty?  The WiiU version runs CoD without a sweat.

3 - The online overall is way better than the Wii.

4 - The Wii did not had a gamepad.

5 - Much bigger RAM than the Wii: Good for multitasking and other stuff.

I proved my point, I think, also, the WiiU can run Wii games, the Wii cannot run wiiU games, which one is the superior console?

Some of you will say: But Wagner, remember all the classic good games the Wii had, like Mario Gallaxy and Zelda.

To those people I say: give the WiiU 2 or 3 years, it will have DOZENS of amazing games, as good as Gallaxy or Zelda.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Yeah, the WiiU is a generation ahead of the Wii, but the Wii was a generation behind everything else out at the same time

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Brutalyst said:
Yeah, the WiiU is a generation ahead of the Wii, but the Wii was a generation behind everything else out at the same time

yeah that's why PS3 introduced Move and Xbox introduced Kinect. To compete with a console a generation behind everythig else?!? You're so out of touch dude.

Brutalyst said:

It was a generation behind the Gamecube? You're not even trying.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

So are the ps3 and 360.

I don't get this thread. And I don't get people who would say WiiU isn't a gen ahead of Wii.  

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Yeah it is but i wish people didn't act as Nintendo is behind everyone else because of the raw power of their systems

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

LOL! Next there will be Nintendo haters saying the U is on par with the wii and Nintendo was stupid for creating a new console instead of having the pad communicate with the Wii.

Aquietguy said:
LOL! Next there will be Nintendo haters saying the U is on par with the wii and Nintendo was stupid for creating a new console instead of having the pad communicate with the Wii.

They were stupid for releasing the pad at all. Keeping on with the Wii would have been best.

- 20x the installed base
- Virtual Console already had all the games on it
- Bug-free, fast OS
- Not like they could have less third party support
- Gamecube BC
- Every first party game shown so far except Pikmin 3 and X would have worked on it as is, graphics wise
- 1/2 the price
- No one is buying Wii U for the U Pad's gameplay anyway

Do not try to fight evil using the devil's tools.

Well ya, it is next gen since it's the next console release by Nintendo after the wii. I'm pretty sure people are debating if it is comparable to the ps4/xbox one to truly call it next gen based on specs. It will always classified as technically next gen since gen isn't based on specs. Your points are meaningless since specs don't classify gens.