By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

The dude is ranting about high GPU prices when he bought Turing?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I'm more focused on the dudes simping for the gal who threw down for the 4090, made jokes about AMD and none for nvidia and is pushing the 4090 hard like no tomorrow, whilst previously having an onlyfans, so the dudes out in her Tl are simping for her, whilst knowing sweet fuck all about interpolation, or animation for that matter. 

Like I love animation, I love gaming, but man, slapping in extra fake frames where there originally were none isn't good form, ask an animation artist and they will tell you not to do that.

I just think it's stupid that ppl are ignoring Alex's point where he's mainly going on about the stupidly insane price point. I'm ofc concerned about the price point and the fake frames, but also more concerned about the ramifications of the 3090 selling too well, because I kno shit is only going to get more expensive from them as time goes on.

That Jordan gal also claims the 4000 series below the 80/90 cards are going to be "hella cheaper" and "equally as good", and yet:

• No prices released for anything below those two existing cards.
  • No benches shown from nvidia either.

Even if they were slightly cheaper, you're still going to get gimped over time, because the 80/90 cards have shown where the perf is at, so anything below is just one gimping themselves, at that point it'd just be better to go with AMD and save on the money, or go all out and dump your life savings for the 4090, like this current state of what we're at is just straight up bad.

But yea, even tho I own a 1080ti and haven't touched an AMD card in my life, I am fully aware that PC has it's owns et of fanboys, and I'm starting to see the loudest ones from the nvidia camp on Twitter, whilst AMD ones are screaming of WFFTech.

Also I'm surprised you didn't see the comments section of his vid, where this one guy writes a whole essay as one huge as well of text, like lmfao tl;dr

Last edited by Chazore - on 01 December 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I'm more focused on the dudes simping for the gal who threw down for the 4090, made jokes about AMD and none for nvidia and is pushing the 4090 hard like no tomorrow, whilst previously having an onlyfans, so the dudes out in her Tl are simping for her, whilst knowing sweet fuck all about interpolation, or animation for that matter. 

Like I love animation, I love gaming, but man, slapping in extra fake frames where there originally were none isn't good form, ask an animation artist and they will tell you not to do that.

I just think it's stupid that ppl are ignoring Alex's point where he's mainly going on about the stupidly insane price point. I'm ofc concerned about the price point and the fake frames, but also more concerned about the ramifications of the 3090 selling too well, because I kno shit is only going to get more expensive from them as time goes on.

That Jordan gal also claims the 4000 series below the 80/90 cards are going to be "hella cheaper" and "equally as good", and yet:

• No prices released for anything below those two existing cards.
  • No benches shown from nvidia either.

Even if they were slightly cheaper, you're still going to get gimped over time, because the 80/90 cards have shown where the perf is at, so anything below is just one gimping themselves, at that point it'd just be better to go with AMD and save on the money, or go all out and dump your life savings for the 4090, like this current state of what we're at is just straight up bad.

But yea, even tho I own a 1080ti and haven't touched an AMD card in my life, I am fully aware that PC has it's owns et of fanboys, and I'm starting to see the loudest ones from the nvidia camp on Twitter, whilst AMD ones are screaming of WFFTech.

Also I'm surprised you didn't see the comments section of his vid, where this one guy writes a whole essay as one huge as well of text, like lmfao tl;dr

Yea I am not too big into the whole drama when it comes to twitter/youtube etc. I think both the youtube dude and the twitter people that he mentions are all dumb in their own way. The youtube dude thinks that a 3060 was supposed to be a step up from a 2070 while the twitter people trying to justify the prices had very dumb responses.

And yea, the comment section had plenty of dumb responses too.

As for the fake frames, because it's an optional feature, I don't see too much of an issue with it. Path tracing is very heavy even for the 4090 and we are generations away from a fully path traced game so adding in an option of Ai generated fake frames is fine as long as it's optional. 4090s don't need DLSS 3 to have merit, it's Raster performance is one of the biggest generational leaps we have seen in the history of GPUs. But I agree the issue with the pricing. $1200 for 4080 is too much and the $1600 for a 4090 only really looks good because of the terrible price of the 4080.

And yea, the sub 4080s are gonna be shat too.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea I am not too big into the whole drama when it comes to twitter/youtube etc. I think both the youtube dude and the twitter people that he mentions are all dumb in their own way. The youtube dude thinks that a 3060 was supposed to be a step up from a 2070 while the twitter people trying to justify the prices had very dumb responses.

And yea, the comment section had plenty of dumb responses too.

As for the fake frames, because it's an optional feature, I don't see too much of an issue with it. Path tracing is very heavy even for the 4090 and we are generations away from a fully path traced game so adding in an option of Ai generated fake frames is fine as long as it's optional. 4090s don't need DLSS 3 to have merit, it's Raster performance is one of the biggest generational leaps we have seen in the history of GPUs. But I agree the issue with the pricing. $1200 for 4080 is too much and the $1600 for a 4090 only really looks good because of the terrible price of the 4080.

And yea, the sub 4080s are gonna be shat too.

I just feel like there should be someone there to call ppl out on dumb shit and whenever ppl simp hardcore for something that's...well, bad.

I don't watch Alex's content all the time, but seeing a pot shot taken at PC gamers from a PC gamer is like a bit of fresh air to me, because a good chunk fo the past few decades has been "PC sucks, it's for basement dweller nerds" from console gamers and that's gotten beyond stale to see still going on, that calling that equally dumb shit has become the norm.

I know it's optional, but to me it feels like part sacrilege and part band-aid, instead of what we previously relied upon (that being brute force power). DLSS 1-2 was going alright with it's trajectory, but 3 just feels like "that thing that animators really loathe?, yeah that's do that and stick with it", because let's be honest with ourselves here, if they can get away with 3.0, why would they ever want to go back to brute forcing perf or what 1-2.0 were like?.

I'm also really, super hardcore not a fan of ppl pulling the least empathy outta their ass with shit like "you broke as fuck not to buy one", rather than being a sane and rational person and contest the price (like you do, which shows you have empathy for others). I see this with things like $70 game prices, prices for gamepads (looking at you £70 Joycons), and scalped consoles, like the world we are living in rn is def not getting better in terms of affordability (unless you look at gamepass I guess?), and I wish ppl would wake up to the fact that while we are paying more, companies aren't going broke and are making more money now than ever.

Like I really hope to god that AMD does something this gen, because holy shit are Nvidia and the less empathetic twats on social media setting a bad precedent with tossing money into a bottomless pit.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

The first 'AAAA' game, y'all.

See you in the bargain sale, space cowboy...

Around the Network

Lack of optimization and shader compilation stutters hit again. Denuvo doesn't help either..

The Friday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Fanatical has a new Star Deal: Iron Harvest, 78% off during 48 hours: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/iron-harvest
And we warned, next Monday starts a new BundleFest.

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 527.37 WHQL
https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-527-37-whql
Highlight
Game Ready
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games including Marvel’s Midnight Suns featuring NVIDIA DLSS 2 and advanced ray tracing effects. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of Need for Speed Unbound which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology.

New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings
GeForce Experience’s one-click optimal settings enable you to instantly configure game options for your system’s hardware, giving you smooth, optimized gameplay. Over 1000 titles are supported, and since our last driver release we’ve added support for 15 more:

• Against the Storm
  • Coral Island
  • Evil West
  • Gotham Knights
  • Mabinogi Heroes
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Sonic Frontiers
  • The Chant
  • Tower of Fantasy
  • TRAHA Global
  • UNDECEMBER
  • Victoria 3
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game

Fixed Issues

• Driver 526.98 fails to install on certain GeForce GTX 3060 Ti graphics cards [3872912]
  • MSI Afterburner is not prioritizing GPU temp limit over power when selected in app [3858911]
  • Flicker may be observed when streaming using the TikTok Broadcasting Tool [3831084]
  • [RTX 40 series] Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition may show random screen flash during gameplay [3793355]
  • Background apps may randomly display a slight shift in color saturation [3766872]

AMD (Radeon) Software Adrenalin 22.11.2
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2
Highlight
Support for

• The Callisto Protocol™
  • Need for Speed™ Unbound
  • The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Update

Fixed Issues

• During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.
  • Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • AMDRSServ.exe may cause GPU utilization to remain at 100% after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • An intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur while videos are playing in VRChat™ on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Here is the Playstation 4 emulator, fpPS4, running some PS4 games
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-is-the-playstation-4-emulator-fpps4-running-some-ps4-games/
YouTube’s ‘John GodGames Emus’ has shared a video, showcasing the Playstation 4 emulator, fpPS4, booting and going in-game in a number of PS4 games.
Now as we’ve said and before, the emulator is still unable to boot any triple-A PS4 game. Still, it’s remarkable witnessing its progress. The fact that it can at least run some 2D and simple 3D games is already incredible.
>> The video is more than 20 minutes long.

GAMING NEWS

The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will have Ray Tracing Global Illumination, Reflections, Ambient Occlusion and Shadows on PC
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-next-gen-will-have-ray-tracing-global-illumination-reflections-ambient-occlusion-and-shadows-on-pc/
A few days ago, CD Projekt RED detailed the Ray Tracing effects for The Witcher 3 Next-Gen. According to the team, The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will have Ray Tracing for Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion. However, NVIDIA is also stating that the PC version will also have Ray Tracing for both Reflections and Shadows.

Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD apparently has a fully functional Tyrant from Resident Evil Remake
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-4-ultimate-hd-functional-tyrant-resident-evil-remake/
Now here is something really crazy. From the looks of it, Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD has a fully functional Tyrant (including the 3D model, AI and data) from Resident Evil Remake.
For those unaware, Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD is a refined PC version of RE4 that came out in 2014. This version featured native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings. Moreover, it came with support for 60fps.

The Callisto Protocol has shader compilation stutters and optimization issues on PC
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-callisto-protocol-has-shader-compilation-stutters-and-optimization-issues-on-pc/
KRAFTON has just released The Callisto Protocol on PC, and we have some bad news for all its PC fans. Unfortunately, the game suffers from shader compilation stutters. Not only that, but there are numerous optimization issues currently on PC.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Friday news, part two:

A year after launch, Battlefield 2042 wants a second chance: 'We're feeling really good'
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-year-after-launch-battlefield-2042-wants-a-second-chance-were-feeling-really-good/
The reaction to Battlefield 2042's launch last year was dismal. Dissatisfied players copied-and-pasted lists of "missing" features and cited criticism from a former Battlefield dev as proof that developer DICE had lost its way. The Steam user reviews were ruthless. ("I'd rather buy WinRAR," one player said.) DICE delayed the large-scale war shooter's first season by six months, and its average concurrent player count plummeted.
A year later, DICE wants us to give Battlefield 2042 a second chance.

US Labor Board torpedoes Activision's last-minute attempt to impede union vote
https://www.pcgamer.com/us-labor-board-torpedoes-activisions-last-minute-attempt-to-impede-union-vote/
The US National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has sunk an eleventh-hour attempt by Activision to delay a unionisation vote by QA staff at Blizzard Albany. Activision had asked the NLRB to review its decision that Blizzard Albany's 18-person QA team could unionise independently of the rest of the studio's workers, arguing that all 107 staff members at the studio should vote instead. Activision further requested that the vote be delayed while that review took place. The NLRB gave short shrift to both requests.

Disney Dreamlight Valley just teased one of my favourite characters for next week's update
https://www.pcgamer.com/disney-dreamlight-valley-just-teased-one-of-my-favourite-characters-for-next-weeks-update/
Disney Dreamlight Valley has its second major update arriving on December 6. But bar the introduction of Woody and Buzz, there's relatively little that we know about the upcoming patch. Thankfully, Gameloft has dropped yet another teaser revealing some winter goodies and another classic Disney character's arrival.

Amnesia: The Bunker promises a 'semi-open world' with sandbox-style survival horror
https://www.pcgamer.com/amnesia-the-bunker-promises-a-semi-open-world-with-sandbox-style-survival-horror/
The groundbreaking Amnesia horror series is returning with a brand new game called Amnesia: The Bunker, and this time developer Frictional Games is doing things a little differently. The new game will feature unscripted survival-horror gameplay in a sandbox-style semi-open world, enabling complete control of moment-to-moment decisions, and you'll even get a gun and a flashlight to help smooth things out.

This oppressively dark Soviet FPS now features a simply adorable little model train set
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-oppressively-dark-soviet-fps-now-features-a-simply-adorable-little-model-train-set/
Despite its incredibly grim atmosphere and ultra violence, the throwback FPS Hrot remains one of the funniest games I've ever played. You can play the piano, read your Lenin, kiss portraits of Czechoslovakian president Gustáv Husák (who is also the second episode's final boss), and play an in-game clone of Game & Watch based on the Soviet cartoon, Nu, Pogodi! .
That ribald sense of humor is alive and well in our first preview of Hrot's third and final act, Gastroscopy. After releasing Episode 2: The Degustation this summer, solo developer Spytihněv has been hard at work on the game's conclusion, and they dropped a demo of sorts for it on November 27: E3M3, Roztyly.

Why is this $10 Warzone skin one of the best selling things on Steam?
https://www.pcgamer.com/why-is-this-dollar10-warzone-skin-one-of-the-best-selling-things-on-steam/
Call of Duty players are scrambling to purchase a new $10 CoD League skin pack themed after the LA Thieves, propelling it to the #19 spot on the Steam Top Sellers List at the time of publication (as spotted by Kotaku). In other words, a single Call of Duty cosmetic is currently bringing in more Steam dollars than Elden Ring, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Destiny 2.
>>**Sigh**

New World is finally cracking down on 'shell companies' to stop players from monopolizing the fun
https://www.pcgamer.com/new-world-is-finally-cracking-down-on-shell-companies/
Amazon's MMO New World enables players to create and join companies—basically the same thing as guilds—which confer various benefits to members: Money, access to services, that sort of thing. As with most player-run videogame organizations, they almost immediately resulted in trouble. Players who weren't part of large companies were largely excluded from the game's ballyhooed PvP wars, while those who were in the club quickly set about screwing each other out of huge amounts of gold.
(...)
In its newest update, Amazon Game Studios said it's finally making some changes to tackle the problem. "The first one we're doing is a 'company leave cooldown'," game designer Rachel Barnum said. "So for 72 hours after you leave a company, you won't be able to participate in any territory control activities with another company ... We want to prevent that. It's not really how we intended that gameplay to be made."

Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed are doing a daft-looking crossover
https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-and-assassins-creed-are-doing-a-daft-looking-crossover/
Bungie and Ubisoft have announced a crossover between Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed, which will see themed cosmetics coming to the shooter and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Players of the latter can buy a Destiny 2 character pack from December 6, which includes armor sets, swords, a scout skin and a mount skin, and a weapons pack with four spins on Destiny's subclasses that have perks and custom effects. A warlock in ninth century England, eh.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales will stop honking an air horn during its most emotional scenes
https://www.pcgamer.com/spider-man-miles-morales-will-stop-honking-an-air-horn-during-its-most-emotional-scenes/
In a move we'll all surely come to regret, the most recent update to Spider-Man: Miles Morales has ironed out one of the game's funniest bugs. Now a new patch means the game will no longer randomly end its most tender and vulnerable moments with the sharp blast of an airhorn. More's the pity.

The Callisto Protocol won't get NG+ until next year
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-callisto-protocol-wont-get-ng-until-next-year/
Striking Distance has unveiled the next six months of planned updates for The Callisto Porotcol, both free and ones included in the season pass, and it's all rather vague.
Unfortunately, those hoping to see a new game+ or hardcore mode at launch will have to wait a touch longer. It'll arrive on February 7, 2023 as part of a free update for all players. A two-month wait for the modes is a mighty shame, and at the very least NG+ is something that would have been a great launch day feature.

Hitman 3's winter roadmap sees the return of some familiar faces and invites you to murder them
https://www.pcgamer.com/hitman-3s-winter-roadmap-sees-the-return-of-some-familiar-faces-and-invites-you-to-murder-them/
Winter is here, and you know what that means. Time to make some hot cocoa, pull your fiber wire taut, and wrap up warm in someone else's clothes. Hitman 3's winter roadmap has been published, and it's promising the return of some familiar faces and—after much delay—the final arrival of its roguelike freelancer mode.

Company of Heroes 3 will launch with mods ready for you to download
https://www.pcgamer.com/company-of-heroes-3-will-launch-with-mods-ready-for-you-to-download/
When Company of Heroes 3 launches on February 22 next year, players are going to be kept busy. As well as a massive turn-based campaign in Italy, there's the separate RTS-only North African operation, and then the meaty multiplayer component. That should be plenty, but Relic's got one more treat for us, courtesy of the community: mods.

Time to check the GOG and Steam deals for the weekend:

+GOG

+Steam

That's all folks! Until next time, I wish you a happy and gaming weekend.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If there really is a 7950X3D, that would be insane. It would be great for both productivity and gaming, especially if it's able to maintain it's clocks. That along with cheaper motherboard prices will mean that I might be tempted to buy it.

The Callisto Protocol - The DF Tech Review + PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ S + PC #StutterStruggle Analysis

Runs the worst on PC due to shader compilation stutter and even when you get past that, it is single thread limited so your GPUs will get cucked no matter what. Xbox Series X Ray Tracing mode also has massive drops while PS5 seems to get all the goodies while stilling having some drops.

NVIDIA Says GeForce RTX 4090 Sold Out Within 2 Weeks, Channel Inventory Stabilizing & Will Normalize By 1H 2023

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-says-geforce-rtx-4090-sold-out-within-2-weeks-channel-inventory-stabilizing-normalize-by-1h-2023/

I remember when they said that about Ampere. Hopefully this time, mining will stay dead and it will be legit.

Intel Sapphire Rapids-WS Xeon Workstation CPUs Leak: Up To 56 Cores, 8-Channel DDR5 Memory, 112 PCIe Gen5 Lanes In Monolithic & MCM Flavors

https://wccftech.com/intel-sapphire-rapids-ws-xeon-workstation-cpus-leak-up-to-56-cores-8-channel-ddr5-memory-112-pcie-lanes/

Scalpers struggling to sell RTX 4080 cards, now ‘graciously’ offering them at MSRP

https://videocardz.com/newz/scalpers-struggling-to-sell-rtx-4080-cards-now-graciously-offering-them-at-msrp#disqus_thread

Newegg is denying their refunds. For once, thank you newegg.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 02 December 2022

hinch said:

Lack of optimization and shader compilation stutters hit again. Denuvo doesn't help either..

Also the death animations "DLC" part didn't go over so well, which honestly sounds like the devs didn't learn shit from DS3 and the shit that game got for doing it's DLC.

This'll be a forgettable game in a couple months, just watch.