By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Feels like the world has an engineering hire issue/lack of smart engis when it comes to GPU design, because Nvidia so far hasn't skipped much of a beat in years, while AMD/Intel are playing catch up, and thus I've now got that question on the mind, because AMD had this issue with their CPU's some years back, as well as Intel.

Makes me wonder what future gens are gonna be like (by gens I mean kids) when it comes to wanting to learn GPU chiplet design, because I never hear anything about it from anyone, which makes me think that the field must be miniscule in size, because all I hear from college/Uni classes are maths, sciences, media, arts, languages and history, hardly ever "oh I'm gonna study to become a chiplet engi for AMD/Intel/Nvidia".

Like what gives?, why is this always happening in this industry?

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

that is very enticing, and its just dlss/raytracing where shit fucks up

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Metro Exodus, RDR 2 and Cyberpunk results look dire though, but again, the 4090 is priced stupidly high, and afaik RDR2 doesn't even have RT.

Gonna wait for 1440p results though, because I don't do 4k.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I think 8k is a bigger issue than it needs to be. No one is running 8k with these GPU's, they aren't powerful enough. - You need to use frame reconstruction to even contemplate going there.

4K is still the holy grail right now, 1440P is probably the sensible price/performance resolution if you would rather chase high framerates instead.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I think if Nvidia does the following, it will be an easy win this gen for them:

Lower the price of the 4080 to $900
Release the rumoured 4080 Ti with 14000 cuda cores for $1200 to compete more directly against the 7900XTX

Personally I don't like 4080/7900XT being priced at $900. The 4080 should be priced at $700 and 7900XT which is a 7800XT is disguise should be around the same price. If Nvidia doesn't do those two things, I think 4080 will be DOA.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Release the rumoured 4080 Ti with 14000 cuda cores for $1200 to compete more directly against the 7900XTX

Personally I don't like 4080/7900XT being priced at $900. The 4080 should be priced at $700 and 7900XT which is a 7800XT is disguise should be around the same price. If Nvidia doesn't do those two things, I think 4080 will be DOA.

Just in time i was reading this article, it's really sure chaos going on!

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-rx-7900-xtx-is-rtx-4080-competitor-fsr3-may-be-supported-by-pre-rdna3-architectures

QUAKECore89 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Just in time i was reading this article, it's really sure chaos going on!

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-rx-7900-xtx-is-rtx-4080-competitor-fsr3-may-be-supported-by-pre-rdna3-architectures

LOL

Zen 4 Flop
RDNA 3 Flop

I gotta keep my planned on to build a Ryzen 9 7900X with Radeon RX 7900 XT rig, i don't like turning back on my rival intel/nvidia user.. XD

What the actual fuck industry LOL.

QUAKECore89 said:

I gotta keep my planned on to build a Ryzen 9 7900X with Radeon RX 7900 XT rig, i don't like turning back on my rival intel/nvidia user.. XD

What the actual fuck industry LOL.

Lol well both of those are great products despite me perhaps going a bit overboard so it's not like you can go wrong. The fact that RDNA 3 now has the feature set that Nvidia/Intel does even if it's slower means that it's at a good spot. 7900X is currently a bit overpriced imo but that will come down soon enough. So you can still go with your build and it will still be great and I doubt you will regret your purchase. Sure it may not be first place but it certainly won't cost you first place money.