By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

If only that price cut to the 5800X would apply here as well...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Igor's Lab did a pretty comprehensive review on Alder Lake S power efficiency measurements.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/intel-core-i9-12900kf-core-i7-12700k-and-core-i5-12600k-review-gaming-in-really-fast-and-really-frugal-part-1/9/
https://www.igorslab.de/en/intel-macht-ernst-core-i9-12900kf-core-i7-12700k-und-core-i5-12600-im-workstation-einsatz-und-eine-niederlage-fuer-amd-2/9/

Gaming:

Rendering:

There's of course more data if you want to have a look but the jist of it is that Intel's Alder Lake S is extremely power efficient for the gaming performance it provides while in Render tasks and such, AMD takes the crown. It's very promising for future CPUs and Intels 7nm node.

List of Games Affected by DRM Issue in 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors for Windows 11 and Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088261/processors.html

Least half of the compatibility issues can be resolved by updating to Windows 11 interestingly enough. The issues seem to stem from the fact that the DRM is detecting the E cores as a separate system and thus stopping the games from running as you can only have the games run at one system at a time. If you have an Alder Lake S CPU and running Windows 10 for whatever reason, you can also do the scroll lock workaround.

Forza Horizon 5 already has nearly 1 million players before its official release

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/forza-horizon-5-already-has-nearly-1-million-players-before-its-official-release/

It's an amazing game once you get around the initial launch kinks. For me, it kept crashing on startup until I manually had to exclude Forza from my anti virus even though my anti virus wasn't detecting it as a virus. Not sure what was going on there but since then, it's been flawless.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Forza Horizon 5 already has nearly 1 million players before its official release

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/forza-horizon-5-already-has-nearly-1-million-players-before-its-official-release/

It's an amazing game once you get around the initial launch kinks. For me, it kept crashing on startup until I manually had to exclude Forza from my anti virus even though my anti virus wasn't detecting it as a virus. Not sure what was going on there but since then, it's been flawless.

I just have to stop Microsoft's  "Nahimic service" to prevent crashes on startup. That also fixed my Forza Horizon 3.

Strangely enough that service doesn't affect FH4 or FM7 on my PC.

Are you both playing the Windows Store versions? (mainly you, Conina, because Forza Motorsport 7 isn't on Steam).

Maybe there's a problem with the launcher of that store.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Are you both playing the Windows Store versions? (mainly you, Conina, because Forza Motorsport 7 isn't on Steam).

Yeah, since I still have two years of GamePass Ultimate, I'm playing the Windows Store version?

Around the Network
Conina said:
JEMC said:

Yeah, since I still have two years of GamePass Ultimate, I'm playing the Windows Store version?

Well, you aren't playing the Steam version, that's for sure. But hell if I know if the Gamepass and the Windows Store versions are different.

MSI just annouced their new line of monitor with Mini-LED's with the MEG Artymis 341. No word on pricing but the specs are 34" AU Optronics' AmLED display, 165hz, 800R curve and HDR 1000. There's also a 55" model incoming.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-unveils-curved-display-with-quantum-dots-mini-leds-and-displayhdr-1000

Pretty exciting stuff. Definitely looking forward to these new mini-LED displays which will no doubt will be pricey initially.. I can't wait for more manufacturers to dive in so we get more cheaper and competitive prices for them. Also keeping out eye out on Samsungs new line next year.

I really hope it doesn't just have 341 zones or something and instead have a lot more. I wish Samsung made an Ultrawide with their mini-LED tech. With the current mini-LED monitors like the Asus one, they have black crush problems which is very urghh worthy. But Samsung somehow managed to make their Neo G9 not have any black crush issues and such but 49 inch is a tad too big.

I am tempted to jump the gun with the monitors we have now but man, it feels like I should wait until next year before getting a monitor upgrade.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Conina said:
JEMC said:

Sorry for the unintended question mark.

Yeah, I'm playing the Windows Store version.

Captain_Yuri said:

I really hope it doesn't just have 341 zones or something and instead have a lot more. I wish Samsung made an Ultrawide with their mini-LED tech. With the current mini-LED monitors like the Asus one, they have black crush problems which is very urghh worthy. But Samsung somehow managed to make their Neo G9 not have any black crush issues and such but 49 inch is a tad too big.

I am tempted to jump the gun with the monitors we have now but man, it feels like I should wait until next year before getting a monitor upgrade.

Yeah its a little disappointing and will no doubt show some level of blooming that we won't see (as much) as with some of the high end monitors have with a lot more dimming zones. Especially considering its a 34" ultrawide. At the same time, if the price is right hopefully we can get more reasonably priced FALD monitors. And this will no doubt be a huge step up from regular LCD monitors. Next year I'm guessing we're going to have a lot more mini-LEDs coming though with more premium manufacturers like ASUS/Samsung offering the very best. I'd love to see what LG could do as well should they jump on the bandwagon.

But yeah it does seem like new tech is breaking out in the PC space with new technologies and even TV's with OLEDs getting smaller too it might be worth considering that too xP I'd say if you are happy with what you have now there's no harm in waiting. May be worth going into Best Buy and checking out something like Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 and see if its worth the wait or investment.