By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

hinch said:

Blizzard trying its hardest to nerf World of Warcraft. This time, emotes are cut and changed -

From their 9.1.5 patch notes.. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-915-development-notes/1082616/17

- Drool, cough, burp, fart, whistle, spit, and moon no longer change when used while targeting a player.
- Pounce and groan have been adjusted when used while targeting a player.
- 4 new emotes have been added – Huzzah, magnificent, impressed, and wince.
- Kick, stink, shake, and moan have been removed.
- Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.

Small thing. But these have been in the same since I started playing and as a long time player this rubs me the wrong way (no pun intended). On the bright side they are buffing Night Fae covenant for rogues lol. Too little too late for that one I think xP

Blizzard is so out of touch from reality it's crazy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I'm positive that those idel specs for Forza are to play at 4K 60fps, there's no other option... and 110GB of storage, damn!

I gotta say that I like that Asus/Noctua card. I hope someone takes it for a review so we know if the Noctua fans improve the cooling or it's just a marketing change.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Few more things...

Being an Early Adopter (Of OLED) SUCKS

Burn-in is obviously something we all knew would be a thing with OLED. It does sound like doing pixel refreshes on OLED screens does fix it but if you are doing 8-10 hour office work with static images, it probably won't last too many years hence why it's good to get a warranty. Of course getting OLED TVs instead of gaming monitors for the last few years was the best choice even with burn-in issues as you could get OLED TVs + 4-5 year burn-in warranty and still have money to spare to buy another OLED tv compared to the prices of high end gaming monitors.

Luckily though, from the reviews from the Mini-LED monitors that are coming out, I think PC gaming monitors are on the tip of having fap worthy monitors that no longer need OLED to have comparable gaming/HDR experience. We already have the Asus and Samsung but granted those cost a lot. But starting late this year and early next year, more and more Mini-LED monitors are coming out which will hopefully be cheaper around the $1000-1500 mark. And we do have the more affordable 4k IPS 144hz panels out already starting at $600.

Fresh reports suggest New World is again helping brick expensive Nvidia GPUs

https://www.pcgamer.com/new-world-making-gpus-unwell-again/

Sounds like it's Gigabyte this time around.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Blizzard is so out of touch from reality it's crazy

Yeah Blizzards priorities are clearly not in the right place. Retail is hemorrhaging subs and its not because of dumb stuff like this. Pretty sad but with WoW finally dying, maybe they can get their asses going on a new things (WoW 2 - ahem) or make the next expansion actually worth playing.

Btw anyone tried New World? I got it at launch and having a lot of fun with it. Interested to see if anyone else here has and their impressions.

Not yet. I have been getting into Genshin Impact as I am getting tired of waiting for BoTW 2. I might try it eventually though.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Blizzard trying its hardest to nerf World of Warcraft. This time, emotes are cut and changed -

From their 9.1.5 patch notes.. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-915-development-notes/1082616/17

- Drool, cough, burp, fart, whistle, spit, and moon no longer change when used while targeting a player.
- Pounce and groan have been adjusted when used while targeting a player.
- 4 new emotes have been added – Huzzah, magnificent, impressed, and wince.
- Kick, stink, shake, and moan have been removed.
- Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.

Small thing. But these have been in the same since I started playing and as a long time player this rubs me the wrong way (no pun intended). On the bright side they are buffing Night Fae covenant for rogues lol. Too little too late for that one I think xP

This is them just avoiding their core issue (treating their staff like shit/ignoring what the players actually want), but my next bet is them going onwards to changing "sexually seductive" outfits. I'll lose my shit if they decide to change those up, or worse, the character models in general (I know back in Mists that they had a bug that made pandaren player models naked underneath the outfits). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Few more things...

Nvidia, whyyyyyyy

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

@Captain_Yuri 

Nice. Not played Genshin but heard good things from friends and family. Would give it a go but I have too much to play atm lol.

As for the New World if you're unsure, not sure what kind of comparison I can put new New World/. It kinda plays a bit like Age of Conan I guess and a bit of souls. There's lots of crafting and gathering professions and trading in game and PVP. And territorial control is a big thing there with 3 main factions. People like to says this plays a lot like Runescape.. something I've never tried. but yeah its enjoyable if a bit grindy.

But yeah early days but its quite decent. The quests are quite bare boned mind (lots of fetch and kill quests) and story is almost non-existant xD Best to see how it goes.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Few more things...

Nvidia, whyyyyyyy

Cause they have some shat AIBs. Evga had soldering issues with their $2000+ 3090 FTW3s. And now it seems to be Gigabyte. While we don't know the exact cause just yet... Well it's Gigabyte. The same company that thought it was okay to ship exploding power supplies.

We will see what happens though but it's pretty clear that as the GPUs get more expensive and more power hungry, with games like this, we get to separate the men from the boys. Not that I'd ever buy a Gigabyte GPU considering a Dell 3090 does a better job than a 4 slot Gigabyte one in certain areas.

No clue about NW but I'm permanently steering clear of anything built by MiHoYo being complete hypocrites.

Few devs that haven't walked their own red lines by now.