By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JPR: GPU shipments soar in Q2 year-over-year

https://videocardz.com/press-release/jpr-gpu-shipments-soar-in-q2-year-over-year

Now this is more so due to AMD allocating majority of their GPUs to consoles as most GPUs that were being released were being sold instantly. Still, I'd rather have Nvidia continue to dominate than AMD considering the way that AMD gimps their budget products when they are competitive is something that not even Nvidia is willing to do.

Et tu, Samsung? Samsung Too Changes Components for their 970 EVO Plus SSD

https://www.techpowerup.com/286008/et-tu-samsung-samsung-too-changes-components-for-their-970-evo-plus-ssd

Old version: Full Speed until 40GB were written, then gets dropped to 1500 MB/s
New version: Full Speed until 115GB are written, then gets dropped to 800 MB/s

And with that, looks like all of the SSD vendors are nonsense. I suppose at that point, one has to consider which ssd vendor is the lesser of evils and I suppose so far, it would be Samsung as the changes they made are much better for majority of the users while worse for others. Still, I'd rather have it be a new product line than having these changes to be made to an existing product.

Intel XeSS will not work on Pascal or RDNA 1:

XeSS gets worse everyday. No FP16 fallback so old GPUs won't be supported. No Tensor Core support so Nvidia GPUs won't get much benefit not to mention DLSS is already in every major engine out there. And while RDNA 2 could get the most amount of benefits assuming Nvidia doesn't update their driver, GSR will make it irrelevant. So it's primary purpose is for the non existent Intel GPUs that won't be here until early next year. XeSS may as well be DoA.

[Rumour] AMD adds 17 new PCI IDs of Navi 21, 22 and 23 GPUs to Linux kernel, could be the rumored 6nm refresh

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-adds-17-new-pci-ids-of-navi-21-22-and-23-gpus-to-linux-kernel-could-be-the-rumored-6nm-refresh

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Friday news, part two:

Overwatch's McCree is being renamed
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/overwatchs-mccree-is-being-renamed/
Earlier this month, Diablo 4 lead level designer Jesse McCree was dismissed from Blizzard when his involvement in the now infamous "Cosby Suite" group chats came to light after the company was sued over allegations of widespread sexual harassment and discrimination. For that reason, some Overwatch casters stopped using the name of the Overwatch character McCree, who was named after the former Blizzard employee, while a large segment of the player base demanded that the name be changed.
Today, Blizzard announced that it will rename McCree.
>> They've also announced that they'll no longer name characters after real people.

Here's why Halo Infinite's campaign wasn't at Gamescom
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/heres-why-halo-infinites-campaign-wasnt-at-gamescom/
Series veteran and Halo Infinite lead writer Joseph Staten has explained the conspicuous absence of the game's campaign details from Microsoft's Gamescom showcase, explaining that the team is currently in "shutdown mode."

For the Overwatch article:

People at Blizzard are idiots

For the Halo article:

I'll give it a go on Gamepass but I get the feeling it will be a train wreck. 343 had a chance to redeem themselves instead they chose to skip and give a nonsense excuse. We will see though. No one should be pre-ordering Halo Infinite though until reviews come out.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well, at least the Samsung change isn't only for the worst. As long as you keep yourself with small and medium sized files, you will actually see better performance. After all, how many people swap files bigger than not only the regular 40GB, but the 115GB of the new drives?

And it's funny that we get news about Nvidia and AMD's refresh cartds when the original ones are still so hard to find in stock, as the post from Conina showed..

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

There must be some magic going on here. Some reconstructions have nothing but pixel mush for the internal res and yet we get a very clear and accurate  reconstruction. Example: the five small vertical stripes on the helmet or the five small dots on the thigh armor. I wonder if DLSS allows for a temporary/selective  higher internal resolution if the image is stationary to improve upsampled output.

https://youtu.be/_ja-31bYFTs?t=735

Yea it's pretty much why a lot of people are hyped when it comes to Ai upscaling. It can give results that are mind blowing. Ai for Nvidia does sample the frames at 16k during it's training so it's able to reconstruct them really well since it has a pretty good idea of what it's supposed to look like at a much higher resolution.

I wish there was a way to have the Steam Deck have Nvidia hardware but they don't have any competitive CPUs yet. But if the Switch 2 does have DLSS, it will be a very powerful beast for a portable SoC!

Around the Network

Exactly what Yuri said. AI isn't limited to just what appears on a single frame, or perhaps a few frames before it. Instead, it has been trained and 'knows' what things are generally supposed to look like.

There must be more going on under the hood because you can't reconstruct something useful from noise. My guess is that DLSS has access to more data for example a high res wireframe. This would allow to reconstruct stable and accurate shapes from sub pixel details. Nvidia won't tell all their secrets but it is more than just another AI upscaler because these have been around in video and image editing for many years and they never achieved anything comparable.

NVIDIA Next Generation Ada Lovelace GPUs Will Use TSMC’s 5nm Process Instead Of Samsung’s

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ada-lovelace-gpus-will-use-tsmcs-5nm-process-instead-of-samsungs/

Now we already kinda knew this but kopite seems to be doubling down on it. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out but it's clear Nvidia is not wanting to make the same mistakes as Intel did. I think RDNA 3 will be the GPU to determine whether or not this will be a GCN situation or if it will be something else. By then, Ray Tracing will be in virtually every single AAA game that's coming out as we already see quite the big adoption on current games. So RDNA 3 will need to be with in 10% in RT performance as Lovelace in order to really be a success imo especially with the high asking prices both Nvidia and AMD are going to require.

Valve Is Already Thinking About the Next Steam Deck, Says 4K Might Be Doable in a Couple Years

https://wccftech.com/valve-is-already-thinking-about-the-next-steam-deck-says-4k-might-be-doable-in-a-couple-years/

The next one should certainly be the sweet spot as the second iteration generally is the the fap worthy one. Still, I am gonna get the first one cause I think it's quite unique and might upgrade to the 3rd iteration if that ever happens.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Including 3060 TI & 3060 Are Going To Become Hard To Buy Till September As Production Woes Increase

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-3060-ti-3060-hard-to-buy-till-september-production-woes-increase/

Microsoft to allow Windows 11 to be installed on older PCs through ISOs, but they might not get updates

https://videocardz.com/newz/microsoft-to-allow-windows-11-to-be-installed-on-older-pcs-through-isos-but-they-might-not-get-updates

"This means that Windows 11 installation will not require TPM or Secure Boot, but this method of bypassing those restrictions will only apply to manually installing Windows through ISO."

"The automatic update will not be possible for officially unsupported hardware"

"Update to official compatibility list: Intel Core-X added, AMD Zen1 not included"

"ASUS adds Windows 11 support for Intel Kaby Lake and Skylake through Intel 200 motherboard series update with TPM"

Why you gotta be weird MS. Imo they will end up supporting older hardware including with Windows updates and all this is just drama to get people to upgrade their hardware.

Thanks for the new, Yuri, but you forgot one regarding Windows 11:

Microsoft Adds Windows 11 Support For A Few Intel 7th Gen CPUs, AMD Decides To Ditch 1st Gen Ryzen Users
https://wccftech.com/microsoft-windows-11-os-support-list-new-intel-cpus-no-amd-ryzen-chips/
Microsoft was working with Intel and AMD to look into the possibility of adding certain Intel 7th Gen Core and AMD 1st Gen Ryzen CPUs to its Windows 11 support list. Well, the revised CPU list has now been published and from the looks of it, Microsoft has indeed added a few Intel 7th Gen chips to its support list.
(...)

Moving over to AMD, after evaluating its 1st Gen Ryzen CPUs with Microsoft, the chipmaker will not be adding any more CPUs to its current Windows 11 support list. This means that owners of the 1st Gen Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs will not be officially supported by the new operating system and that kind of sucks given that they were released after the Intel 7th Gen family.

Have AMD and Intel switches their boards or what?

The lower supply of 3060 and 3060Ti sucks, even more so because it's due to the COVID. Looks like China don't have it under as much control as they say.

Nvidia choosing 5nm is good for them and the performance of the GPUs, but it will also increase the supply problems with Nvidia, AMD and also Intel using it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yea it overall sucks. I suppose they can stick with Windows 10 until 2025 so it's not like the CPUs are useless but it is disappointing for many that they won't be able to easily work with Windows 11.

The main thing though is that if you do own a Ryzen 1 CPU, you can upgrade to Zen 2 CPU without having to change the motherboard. And a lot of Ryzen 3000 CPUs are fairly cheap and still gives really good performance. With Kaby Lake, you are screwed and need to buy a new motherboard as well. With Threadripper, you are half screwed I suppose. Threadripper 2nd gen was meh and even the first was pretty meh. 3rd gen Threadripper was when it was starting to become really good but that requires a different socket. Personally, I wouldn't upgrade to the 2nd gen threadripper and either keep on using the CPU until 2025 with Windows 10 or upgrade the mobo + CPU.